LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
After a fantastic 1 1/2 hr walk round the new MH on Saturday, we felt a bit teased and deflated as we couldn't drive it away as the log book hadn't arrived. We were always told at least 2 weeks and as Saturday just gone was only a week, we weren't hopeful it would arrive before the Dealer packed up for Xmas on the 18th. The Service Manager had agreed that if the log book arrived after they packed up, he would come in and hand it over in his own time. - Great bloke, Chris from Viscount Motorhomes in Bursledon Nr Southampton. We had so many plans for Xmas leave which included staying at my Sister's on her drive as her place is too small for everybody and 2 dogs!!
anyhow, the log book arrived today, so well done DVLA on this occasion, and all we have to do now is collect the number plates and drive off on Friday. We hope to go to Setthorns in the New Forest for a few days to try everything out again, check gas usage etc to seen if we need re-fillables etc. I will be on leave so can stay as long as needed, but Jane - Wife, has to go back to work for a while.
I thought I was excited on the walk round on Sat, that is nothing to how I will be on Fri - or am now.:party2:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations not long now. :xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It'll be the longest two days of the year as well!(n)
Enjoy when it arrives.(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
So glad you got it for Christmas, enjoy your time away, I remember how excited I was when I collected my van - the only brand new vehicle I had ever had.

Happy Christmas.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Great news, hope you have a brilliant time. :xThumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It will be worth the wait, and setthorns is a great site :)

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Congratulations, can feel your excitement from here. What a great Christmas prezzie. :xThumb:

We've got to wait till April for our new van.:xsad:

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
We've got to wait till April for our new van.:xsad:
That would kill me....Do you live local to the Dealer? I have only waited since the NEC show in Oct and that was long enough and the Dealer is only 15 mins away so I have been popping in now and again to see the demo model so we could measure up for mats, Dog Cage etc.. Bet this is the only time you wish the months would fly by.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Awesome:xThumb:...bit like channel night feeling:xlaugh:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Such a special feeling all the anticipation / waiting finally comes to an end and you get your New Van, now comes the time for you to enjoy it. :xThumb:

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We're 100+ miles from the Dealer, ordered end of October,being built end of March. I'm sure that the first 3 months of the year will go fast and then start slowing down come April.:xgrin:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
After a fantastic 1 1/2 hr walk round the new MH on Saturday, we felt a bit teased and deflated as we couldn't drive it away as the log book hadn't arrived. We were always told at least 2 weeks and as Saturday just gone was only a week, we weren't hopeful it would arrive before the Dealer packed up for Xmas on the 18th. The Service Manager had agreed that if the log book arrived after they packed up, he would come in and hand it over in his own time. - Great bloke, Chris from Viscount Motorhomes in Bursledon Nr Southampton. We had so many plans for Xmas leave which included staying at my Sister's on her drive as her place is too small for everybody and 2 dogs!!
anyhow, the log book arrived today, so well done DVLA on this occasion, and all we have to do now is collect the number plates and drive off on Friday. We hope to go to Setthorns in the New Forest for a few days to try everything out again, check gas usage etc to seen if we need re-fillables etc. I will be on leave so can stay as long as needed, but Jane - Wife, has to go back to work for a while.
I thought I was excited on the walk round on Sat, that is nothing to how I will be on Fri - or am now.:party2:

Well done shippers - enjoy Setthorns :)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Fantastic! Have a great time.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Great to feel the excitement!

What a wonderful feeling to pick up. New M/H. Beaten only by the excitement of pulling away from home on that first trip.(y)

Enjoy!:xsmile:

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Thanks to you all. I hope all the info I have gained over the last 6 weeks I will be able to put into practice and soon become a member of the Motorhome Owner's Club rather than a wanna b:xThumb:
Hopefully all my stupid Newbie questions are behind me now.. I have been read virtually all the threads on the forum and certainly have read most of the applicable online manuals as well.
See you all around the bizarres - read New Forest - soon. Now what did he say about filling it up?????:xdoh:
Yours Aye
Michael

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hopefully all my stupid Newbie questions are behind me now..
Not a chance!!! :xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
But NO question is stupid and Funsters are great with Newbies of 0ver 2 years' experience x:-):xgrin::xThumb: (like us)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Brilliant, Fantastic, Wonderful..... enjoy every minute.

Our new girl is due in April and we are already impatient!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back