Looking at the message with the curser in the title bar (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Does any one know how to get the text that is visible when you highlight the title in the message bar to stay visible a little longer, I find there is not enough time to read it before it disappears.

Doug...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Does any one know how to get the text that is visible when you highlight the title in the message bar to stay visible a little longer, I find there is not enough time to read it before it disappears.

Doug...
I bet you talk nicely to Bryan and or Jim and they can extend the time for the hard of hearing:Doh:
Geo

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi just read your post and I tried right clicking the title bar and holding the right click down,and hey presto I found that it stayed highlighted all the time the click was held.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Whoops, just tried it again and now it doesn't do it, have you put a Hex n it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Doug, I can honestly say, I have absolutely no idea of what you mean:Blush: What are you trying to highlight?:Smile:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi Doug, I can honestly say, I have absolutely no idea of what you mean:Blush: What are you trying to highlight?:Smile:

OK Jim, Go to the home page, the one with the latest posts.

As you move the curser about you will see that the curser arrow turns into a "pointing finger".

If you put the arrow curser over the subject (title) of a post you will see the curser change, hold it there and you will see the first line or so of the message appear.

The message is removed after a few seconds, its this time I would like to extend.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If I hover over the post in the front page the first couple of lines remain until I move the cursor - I'm using firefox. :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
mines the same as Dougs.....a few seconds then it goes.
but it does the nsame no matter what i hover over, edit post, quote post, multiquote off in fact anything including the posting tools at the top of the text box.
im using IE8

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Solution ::bigsmile: Link Removed :thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Solution ::bigsmile: Link Removed :thumb:

There's also the Firefox add-on 'Cool Previews' (used to be Cool Iris). This displays a small blue icon next to the item you are hovering over which, if clicked (dedpending on your settings), will open the link sort of as a pop-up, allowing you to see what it's all about, without leaving your current page. I use it quite a bit and find it mostly useful, occasionally irritating.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back