Neismann / Frankia headlight change (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Help please changing the 90 mm headlight I can get them out easily but how do I get the end of the adjuster back in to the 8 mm plastic cup please I have given myself a headache straining on 3 of them the others have just slipped in pray tell me there is a nack or a grease
Thanks john the semi mechanic not joyce

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi John

Have you taken the whole assembly out to work in comfort, you should have the grey surround the same as ours which is just two wing nuts and then unscrew the brackets and draw the lights out of the front.

Sorry not changed ours yet so can't be any more constructive.

Martin

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Help please changing the 90 mm headlight I can get them out easily but how do I get the end of the adjuster back in to the 8 mm plastic cup please I have given myself a headache straining on 3 of them the others have just slipped in pray tell me there is a nack or a grease
Thanks john the semi mechanic not joyce
Sorry John, had to laugh........again :xrofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hoot007
Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the sensible and un-sensible suggestions and apologies for using the word help in the heading use the word on fun and it's like the fourth emergency service.

I solved the problem after hours of struggle when it happens to you, you need to remove wires and bulbs wind the old headlight back into the van with the adjusters using a punch from the front of the van tap the end of the adjusters inwards the light falls onto the blanket that you put on the floor, that's the easy bit.
N.B there are 3 adjusters and 4 holes in use note the position of the side light hole the position changes on each side.
Insert the new adjusters the correct way note there is lock tab, twist the plastic bits with pliers into the lock position you can also change the plastic cup pieces they need a good push into position with the pliers.

Next you need an 8 ins and a 3 ft piece of roofing lath or similar size, for the off side pull/ push new light into position you may be lucky if not the 8 ins piece is inserted almost horizontally between the light and vertical chassis piece hit gently with hammer the light may pop into place
first time.
The off side on mine, there are heater pipes in the way so insert the 3 ft timber vertically behind the new light grasp it top and bottom you may note it does not touch the light so insert the 8 ins piece between the 3 ft piece and the light N.B 3 hands are useful grasp 3 ft piece top and bottom lean back and Jerk it gently which may push the light into position now rewire the lights back in.

Well done now you wish you had noted the position of the main beam against a wall or similar and the visible length of the adjusters before you removed the old headlights.
Thanks john b

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Sounds like a job for the garage, I always leave jobs like this till I need a new tyre, cos my very competent ex mechanic tyre fitter does it for me!!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks for the sensible and un-sensible suggestions and apologies for using the word help in the heading use the word on fun and it's like the fourth emergency service.

I solved the problem after hours of struggle when it happens to you, you need to remove wires and bulbs wind the old headlight back into the van with the adjusters using a punch from the front of the van tap the end of the adjusters inwards the light falls onto the blanket that you put on the floor, that's the easy bit.
N.B there are 3 adjusters and 4 holes in use note the position of the side light hole the position changes on each side.
Insert the new adjusters the correct way note there is lock tab, twist the plastic bits with pliers into the lock position you can also change the plastic cup pieces they need a good push into position with the pliers.

Next you need an 8 ins and a 3 ft piece of roofing lath or similar size, for the off side pull/ push new light into position you may be lucky if not the 8 ins piece is inserted almost horizontally between the light and vertical chassis piece hit gently with hammer the light may pop into place
first time.
The off side on mine, there are heater pipes in the way so insert the 3 ft timber vertically behind the new light grasp it top and bottom you may note it does not touch the light so insert the 8 ins piece between the 3 ft piece and the light N.B 3 hands are useful grasp 3 ft piece top and bottom lean back and Jerk it gently which may push the light into position now rewire the lights back in.

Well done now you wish you had noted the position of the main beam against a wall or similar and the visible length of the adjusters before you removed the old headlights.
Thanks john b
Well done you appear to have completed the jigsaw..... without the box lid!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back