Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Long story but have found myself alone with a massive autotrail motorhome. Managin ok and got it from Espinho to Faro in one piece. I did slam into a toll booth with my mirror and nearly gave the bloke a heart attack but other than that we made it. I am travelling with my little bichon frise. I have decided to stay here over christmas and into January. My daughter is flying in at weekend for a few days and some friends are flying over in January. I am hoping to resolve the issues that have left me in this position but in the meantime I could do with some help and advice about places to go, things to do to keep my mind occupied. I read a lot and love the beach, Drink far too much coffee and smoke a lot when I'm stressed. I am travelling until April hopefully then returning to uk as I cater at Glastonbury Festival. I am 51 and quite shy so this is difficult for me. Taking my daughters advice though and using the link she gave me. She is determined I keep travelling as I have owned and run a small pub for 15 years and this was always my dream once I sold it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 220

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
:xThumb:Welcome!! You've come to the right site for help and support! Your daughters has given good advice - make the most of what life chucks at you! Might as well be in the sunshine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:xThumb::welc:Hello Mutley you won't be alone for long there is always someone to talk to on here and have FUN.
Enjoy yourself good luck:party:

OP
OP
M

mutley 150

Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
I call my dog mutley. Her name is neva because I said I would never have another dog after my last one.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I feel better already. My nagging daughter is skyping shortly to make sure I have followed through on her instructions!!! At least I've got some good news for her now. The distraction of this site alone is very very helpful. Thanks. I am so surprised by the speedy responses, you have all boosted my spirits no end.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
welcome, make the most of your opportunities. Know you are shy, but having run a pub for years imagine you are used to speaking to strangers, speak to everyone on site, even if only a 'hi' . dogs are a great help for meeting new people too.
Any problems, just ask another motorhomer, or camper or caravanner, most in this lifestyle are friendly and helpful.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi and Welcome to the Fun. There are lots of single women on the forum and there is a special group for singles on here too. We're having a women's meet between April 18th and 22nd at Rutland Water if that is of interest to you. This is a friendly forum and you'll get loads of encouragement . Just keep asking and be patient with the ones who divert the thread ... it's all part of the fun. Mags

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Welcome - there are Funsters on the forum almost 24 hours a day so you are are never really alone so long as you have wifi ! :xThumb: Lots overwinter & some live in Portugal so hopefully they will come along shortly with some tips about best places to stay/visit & where you might bump into other like-minded folk. :xsmile:

OP
OP
M

mutley 150

Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Its sounds a bit strange that I say I'm shy but ran a pub for 15 years. I suppose I find comfort in familiarity. Well out of my comfort zone now but it will be good for me I know that much. Achieving lots of firsts on a daily basis now!!! I suppose in at the deep end is the best way forward. I love the travelling, love the places I have seen already and love the lifestyle!!! So just gotta get on with it and that's what I'm going to do!!!! Thanks everyone.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Welcome to fun :xsmile:you will always find someone who can assist with a query or a problem no matter what it is ...never be frightened of asking:xThumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am in Portimao at the moment (I was at Faro airport yesterday after a weekend in London).

There are many super places to visit in this country.

Not sure exactly where I will be because I like to move around but if I get over that way (and if the love of my life, Princess Frankie, aka Yodeli, gives me permission), I could show you some places on your map that I like...

If you want to meet and chat with other motorhomers, I do know a few, given that I have been here at winter time for several years.

JJ :xcool:

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your journey and your travels.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Mutley, you are so very welcome my dear, but by the looks of your Forum Name colour (green) you still have to cough up your £15 to join proper, or you'll become a read only funster.

You will also get your money back in free advice from the many real experts that regularly give out advice on Legal requirements, Ferries, Tunnel, Food, itinerary, Aires, Myths, Financial, Electrical, parts sourcing, modifications, Fault Finding, the list is enormous. I haven't even mentioned the informal meets as well as the Fun gatherings at fabulous venues all over the country / Continent / World.

The leadership is brilliantly loose, leaving the vast rabble/collection of members to self monitor our behaviour and attitude.

Very infrequently does it necessitate the boss's intervention, it is to say the least a very friendly bunch of folk with a sprinkling of plonkers thrown in to keep it jolly, but enough of @old-mo , @JJ and myself, welcome to the nut house.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello & welcome

Mel & Lieve

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi there and welcome from me (Sue) dog (Phoebe) and motorhome (Thebus) have been traveling alone since end of 2013 and find the forums great fun, plus lots of helpful information. :)

OP
OP
M

mutley 150

Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Hi Mutley, you are so very welcome my dear, but by the looks of your Forum Name colour (green) you still have to cough up your £15 to join proper, or you'll become a read only funster.

You will also get your money back in free advice from the many real experts that regularly give out advice on Legal requirements, Ferries, Tunnel, Food, itinerary, Aires, Myths, Financial, Electrical, parts sourcing, modifications, Fault Finding, the list is enormous. I haven't even mentioned the informal meets as well as the Fun gatherings at fabulous venues all over the country / Continent / World.

The leadership is brilliantly loose, leaving the vast rabble/collection of members to self monitor our behaviour and attitude.

Very infrequently does it necessitate the boss's intervention, it is to say the least a very friendly bunch of folk with a sprinkling of plonkers thrown in to keep it jolly, but enough of @old-mo , @JJ and myself, welcome to the nut house.
All paid up and worth every penny already. thanks

OP
OP
M

mutley 150

Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Hi there and welcome from me (Sue) dog (Phoebe) and motorhome (Thebus) have been traveling alone since end of 2013 and find the forums great fun, plus lots of helpful information. :)
Hi Sue, thanks. That's a massive motorhome in picture, makes me not so fearful of mine now.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Brian, I have lost both my parents now but I still have their birth certificates and their marriage license and I was born several years AFTER the latter........ unlike many on here who could have easily been page boys at their parents wedding.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi, I know there are plenty of funsters down that way to help with anything, but if you are stuck I have a mate who lives in estoi, about twenty minutes north of faro, I'm sure if you need help with anything he would be there for you.
Just message on here and I could arrange it.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome. A bit scary being on your own at first but a number of ladies on this site who travel solo have faced up to the challenge and are now seasoned motorhomers. Lots of help here too so, if you need any, I feel sure that many would be willing to come to your rescue - even if it's only via the internet.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2015-12-15_14-29-3.png

Looks like you've got the same chairs we've got!
Mutley / aka Neva looks very cute :inlove:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Being shy and working in a pub is not so daft. The bar between you and the customer helps give you confidence, like a safety net. Welcome from us to.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

If you are still in Faro and like beach location, see if you can make your way to Faro Beach, very near the airport. The road passes directly in front of the airport and dead ends at Faro Beach. Loads of vans free park there and there are some bars and restaurants. There is also a rather tired camp site in the same area immediately opposite the beach.
Do you have Sat Nav? I'll try to recover coordinates if you have.
Enjoy the Fun!

Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back