LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We have landed here at Mikki's a place to stay. All pitched up and the sun is shining like it should be. Had a walk around and met Zepp (Paul) and his good lady, nice to put a face to a name. First impressions of the site, we like it only been open since Febuary and damaged by the storm on November 1st they are doing a great job and getting it sorted. Loads of people here, all sorts of outfits, big and small. A bit out of the way if no transport but there is a mini bus that runs to the shops, etc. Small bar on site and food. We are here for a month so if anyone comes this way come say Hi.

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
On the algarve just off the N125 along the coast from Albufeira. Check out the website.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi we arrived here yesterday parked up the top not far from entrance have paid up for a week but probably stay for Christmas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Hi we arrived here yesterday parked up the top not far from entrance have paid up for a week but probably stay for Christmas.

Was I speaking to you in the bar about twin lakes. If not then that's someone else. Will say hi if I bump into you. We are down the other end by the single shower and the RV's.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Was I speaking to you in the bar about twin lakes. If not then that's someone else. Will say hi if I bump into you. We are down the other end by the single shower and the RV's.
Not like you to be in the bar Mikey!, do they sell the black stuff?

hope your having a great time on your trip :xThumb:

Andy

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Not like you to be in the bar Mikey!, do they sell the black stuff?

hope your having a great time on your trip :xThumb:

Andy

Yes they do Andy it's €3.5 a can so I was drinking a local larger. I had four pints and Nikki three big glasses of wine and all for €12.40 about £9 Bargain. It hit the spot. And that is the only reason I was in the bar, doing some research for you mate. LOL

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Have left here now due to the lack of Internet, the bad sewage smell and I mean really bad, and no mini bus to get anywhere. They need to sort out this campsite. My first impressions were good but after three weeks it's not for us. Would I go back....No

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Have left here now due to the lack of Internet, the bad sewage smell and I mean really bad, and no mini bus to get anywhere. They need to sort out this campsite. My first impressions were good but after three weeks it's not for us. Would I go back....No

Yes, I'd been considering this place, but saw that the reviews on campercontact were very variable.
I think you've just helped me decide whether to go there or not!

theblueparrot

Free Member
Feb 13, 2016
gent
Funster No
MH
van a class
Exp
new
You have to go.....it is a realy nice place. Nice people, lovely clean bathrooms, beautiful art, big pitches, good service, taxi laundry bread ....service, great saterday night pizza evenig. And yes, no perfect internet ....so what, it is a free service. And no smel, the place is only open from jan 2015. They are improving every day.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I think feedback is called for so they can sort it out. I dint think they would like losing business because of the smell.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well we've been here a couple of days and there's no sign of any smell. In our opinion one of the better aires in Portugal although it's actually more like a campsite than an aire. So what if there's no minibus, everyone here seems to be coping just fine. As for poor internet, what do you expect for free at these prices. Everything spotless and tidy, they're obviously working at it. But we've also heard about some acrimony and the local council have served notice to close half of it down due to "planning permission" problems. They're sorting it out but the council are being very short-sited (sounds familiar?) if they're intent on losing this asset.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back