CB in the M/H (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Has anyone got CB in their motorhome. I am thinking of fitting a CB in the bus,and where is the best place for the aerial. I know a few RV's have CB but on a coachbuilt aerial locaton is limited.
Andy

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
If you have a metal ladder on the rear then use that as the ground plane, you could earth it to the chassis using some cable, main thing is getting the swr 1-1.5 or lower.

I think there was a thread about this you'll need to search ;however, dont think you'll find many on channel, maybe the odd trucker.

10 10 good buddy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most people i travel with now use hand held walkie talkies from asda n the likes . its possible to get hands free n customs at borders think they are phones .work well upto a couple of mile.

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
Has anyone got CB in their motorhome.

We us a couple of decent quality (Uniden) walkie-talkies.
They have the added advantage of being useful when one of us is reversing into a tight spot and the other is guiding; also if we are separated when visiting towns (she goes shopping; I go off talking photos), and on campsites ('Come back to the van now, the apperitives are poured and your meal is ready').

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
most people i travel with now use hand held walkie talkies from asda n the likes . its possible to get hands free n customs at borders think they are phones .work well upto a couple of mile.

can these be used by two vehicles on the move? whats the radius of comuncation?

thanks

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Yes Seb they can be used by people in moving vehicles. Range depends on where you are, open areas maybe 2/3 miles, built up areas a lot less. We use them for flying (paramotoring) and at a decent altitude, 2000ft or more, the range can be as good as 5/6 miles or more

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Yes Seb they can be used by people in moving vehicles. Range depends on where you are, open areas maybe 2/3 miles, built up areas a lot less. We use them for flying (paramotoring) and at a decent altitude, 2000ft or more, the range can be as good as 5/6 miles or more

just had a quick look at asda web site, they only seem to do the kiddie type, "spiderman ect " I'll look in store for more

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
All the lads agree that the BT ones are amongst the best.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i used to use binatone. but they got nicked in maroc .now use some from aldi/lidl seem ok have splitter channels. all seem to use same frequencies. great pieces of kit. good for if you in convoy or just in markets.

vava1

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
England
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
make sure you buy a 'marine' type aeriel which has its own earth return

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

We use Motorola Walkie Talkies, they are great, heres are somes sample links for some walkie talkies, the model we have is now obselete

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!