Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
..for the lovely messages of Welcome to the Fun! I posted back in November, but have been reading only since. However, I subscribed yesterday, and hope to now participate a bit more.

In particular, there were some recommendations of Southdowns Motorhomes in Portsmouth. Yes, we have visited them a few times now, and we have found them very helpful when needed, and they have shown us some MHs that we wouldn't otherwise have considered. Equally, we are able to mooch around without any pressure, which is great.

Stef- yes, we are Fareham- ish...in fact not far from Titchfield.

Anyway, as I say, Thank you for the welcome, and I am now off to ask some questions.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I most likely missed welcoming you last time as we were away travelling in the MH in November so welcome, but more importantly you know you have done the right thing subscribing as you must be bustin with questions by now.

Martin

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
VERY WISE !!:xThumb::xThumb:
It'll be the best £ 15 you ever spent .:xgrin::xgrin:

Welcome again:welc::welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
might be worth disclosing these recommendations from dealer..that is if you want some relatively impartial advice!

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
It's very very very OAP Discount !!!
You must still be a pup !!:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hello again @Fifiwi.
Wondered where you'd got to.
I don't know why I didn't mention them when I welcomed you to the forum in November, but you're only a few miles from Premier Motorhomes and Leisure just South of Chichester.
I was in there yesterday and they have plenty of stock, both new and used.
And they tell me that they may also have a very nice Hymer A class coming in shortly.
Stef.

OP
OP
F

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
might be worth disclosing these recommendations from dealer..that is if you want some relatively impartial advice!

Ha, I meant that Fun members had recommended Southdowns to us. When visiting them , we have been shown some very interesting MHs...from a Burstner travel van to a rather stunning Carthago chic c- line. Must admit, we have been tempted, but we have been able to take our time, and we have recently "discovered" the Hymer B544. Not a layout we'd seen before, but it does seem to be "us".

OP
OP
F

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hello again @Fifiwi.
Wondered where you'd got to.
I don't know why I didn't mention them when I welcomed you to the forum in November, but you're only a few miles from Premier Motorhomes and Leisure just South of Chichester.
I was in there yesterday and they have plenty of stock, both new and used.
And they tell me that they may also have a very nice Hymer A class coming in shortly.
Stef.

Oh yes, funny you should mention Premier, we have been down Chichester way a lot recently! Lots of stock to crawl around, and no hard sell, at all! Just the other day, we did see a Hymer B544, which was very well kitted out, but a tad over our comfortable budget. It does look like a suitable layout for us, given that we hope to do long-term travelling.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hello and welcome,

We have had a B544 for four years now and it suits us perfectly. Ours is now nine years old but looks and feels and drives like a new van, which is a testament to the build quality of Hymers. Although we had always wanted a Hymer, we dropped on this one purely by accident when looking at the stock at Edgehill Motorhomes in Mansfield. Glad we did. And I hope you get what you want at the right price. Hymers aren't cheap but if you look at the outlay in the long term, they represent excellent value. Gary

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and good luck with your search you will get lots of help and advice here!:xgrin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back