Route Fuengirola to Santander (1 Viewer)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
A7/AP7 - A92 (M)/AP46 - A44/E902 - A4/E5 to Aranjuez - 300 miles - Camping Internacional - open all year - good site

( if 300 miles is too far then stop en route at camping despenaperros in Jaen 140 miles from Fuengirola and 175 miles from Aranjuez)

Aranjuez to Burgos A1/E5 190 miles - Camping Fuentes Blancas - open all year looks a good site

Burgos to Santander N627 - A67 110 miles ( if you need a good site near Santander - Camping Santillana del Mar open all year)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
A7/AP7 - A92 (M)/AP46 - A44/E902 - A4/E5 to Aranjuez - 300 miles - Camping Internacional - open all year - good site

( if 300 miles is too far then stop en route at camping despenaperros in Jaen 140 miles from Fuengirola and 175 miles from Aranjuez)

Aranjuez to Burgos A1/E5 190 miles - Camping Fuentes Blancas - open all year looks a good site

Burgos to Santander N627 - A67 110 miles ( if you need a good site near Santander - Camping Santillana del Mar open all year)

I did the Aranjuez and Burgos stops last week via these routes. Fabulous drive. Excellent site at Aranjuez and walk/cycle by river into interesting town with palace. Also went to really friendly vets here for pet passport, 20 euro for worming and flea treatment and health check.

Fuentes blanca at Burgos is a grass site. Although it is in a wooded area it backs onto the main road so it was a little noisy at night. There were 2 toilet blocks open.but the one nearest touring area had heating and hot water turned off.....couldn't bring myself to have a freezing shower! Later learnt that block by chalets was hot.

Would have liked to have stayed at both of these sites longer to explore the area.

Not got my books with me at mo (I'm at a hotel in Brighton ) but also stumbled across a lovely site at Base of mountains when I left ap7 to get fuel

Apologies for the ramble:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Aranjuez is well worth a visit in its own right, allow yourself a couple of days to explore the place. Camping site is also good and is in the ACSI book I believe.

Alan

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Hi
I did the Aranjuez and Burgos stops last week via these routes. Fabulous drive. Excellent site at Aranjuez and walk/cycle by river into interesting town with palace. Also went to really friendly vets here for pet passport, 20 euro for worming and flea treatment and health check.

Fuentes blanca at Burgos is a grass site. Although it is in a wooded area it backs onto the main road so it was a little noisy at night. There were 2 toilet blocks open.but the one nearest touring area had heating and hot water turned off.....couldn't bring myself to have a freezing shower! Later learnt that block by chalets was hot.

Would have liked to have stayed at both of these sites longer to explore the area.

Not got my books with me at mo (I'm at a hotel in Brighton ) but also stumbled across a lovely site at Base of mountains when I left ap7 to get fuel

Apologies for the ramble:)
Bridget can you remember the name lf the vets you used in Aranjuez as we will be passing through there on way to Bilbao?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi

Bridget can you remember the name lf the vets you used in Aranjuez as we will be passing through there on way to Bilbao?
@Bridget last posted anything back in September so may not be very active.
Maybe try sending a pm?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012

I would agree with both of these sites and also recommend that you leave time to visit the towns of Aranquez and Burgos. Both lovely.

Only change I would make is stay at Cabarceno on the last night - free "aire" - water and dumping facilities and right next to the wildlife park. Only 20 miles or so to the port of Santander.

I am also fairly sure the route given is mostly toll free which is a added bonus.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back