Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just going through my emails and noticed this on the USwitch newsletter which may be of interest to some - it's a 4G sim which includes:

500 mins
5000 texts
4gb of 4G data
£10 a month (monthly rolling contract)

Apparently they use the '3' network:

Broken Link Removed

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That's quite interesting. It makes Carphone Warehouse's much publicised fall out with 3 look a little bit suspect.

The deal looks pretty good. The only thing to be a bit wary of is how much the parent network will throttle the data and how it's prioritised but that's the same with all of the virtual networks.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks for that, sounds a good deal with 4gb. I hope its the same 3 feel at home deal.
I'll ask 3 tomorrow and see if they will match it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for that, sounds a good deal with 4gb. I hope its the same 3 feel at home deal.
I'll ask 3 tomorrow and see if they will match it

You won't get feel at home. It isn't a 3 sim card, just a client network that piggy backs the main network.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Bugger -------------------- where's the dislike button???
Why a dislike button? There's nothing wrong with the deal if you want to use it in the UK .... not many where you can get the no of mins/texts/data for £10 a month!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You won't get feel at home. It isn't a 3 sim card, just a client network that piggy backs the main network.
That was my thought too as it's not from '3' themselves but still a good sim deal nonetheless.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Depends which deal you go for ID Sim have two ranges of prices, the dearer one with higher data limits includes feel free at home. I just have the basic one @£5 /month give 250min, 5000 text, & 500mb data.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
That was my thought too as it's not from '3' themselves but still a good sim deal nonetheless.

Not so good when you spend a good time abroad and can have free calls. 4gb is not necessary at home and I get 600 minutes for my £10

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not so good when you spend a good time abroad and can have free calls. 4gb is not necessary at home and I get 600 minutes for my £10
So it doesn't suit you, but others who need a higher gb limit might be more interested.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
are there any good deals on just data only sim cards about?

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Depends on how you use it. We only use mobile data in a Mifi unit when in the van, at the moment I am waiting for my free FreedomPop sim which will give me 200mb a month free no charge, this is generally enough for a weekend only though, if it works then hopefully it will be all I need when used with Wifi access. Before this I used to buy the 6gb for 3 months EE cards off Amazon or ebay for about 14 pounds, only started their activation when I needed the data and no Wifi available.

I also used to have a 3 card that was 50p a day for Internet access (150mb) but 3 changed policy so it only works in phones and not Mifi units so no use anymore, they do have a sim that lasts 12 months for 12Gb costs 56 pounds at the moment.

When my 12 month contract comes to an end in March/April and if the uSwitch offer is still around I might well change as the 500 mins, 5000 texts, 4gb at 10 pounds for 30 days looks very good value. the 30 day commitment is great as you can change if something more suitable comes along.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I know that - but it dont suit everybody. Stop being so touchy, we all have different opinions.:xgrin:
Touchy, TOUCHY ... I'm not touchy ...

:boxing:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

It depends where you want to use it. If you want to use it in Europe then unfortunately a 3 feel at home one is best the way to go. I say unfortunately because I absolutely despise them as a company.

If you only want to use it in the UK then the one in Mel's OP is going to be as good as anything at the moment.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Depends on how you use it. We only use mobile data in a Mifi unit when in the van, at the moment I am waiting for my free FreedomPop sim which will give me 200mb a month free no charge,
I've got one and they offered me another one last week forgot about it until it was too late. They use the 3 network and allow tethering and feel free at home, if you pay £1.49 per month you can roll over the data up to 20gb.
Voice quality is crap they use voip over the data link or wifi. Also have an ID Sim they don't allow tethering, gets confusing on my phone as they both come up as 3UK.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its a monthly contract so you can ditch it and get a feel at home 30day contract when your going abroad seems this is the way its going now blots of good deals if you dont mind supplying your own phone

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
its a monthly contract so you can ditch it and get a feel at home 30day contract when your going abroad seems this is the way its going now blots of good deals if you dont mind supplying your own phone
Just cancelled my contract brought a phone (Cubot x15 dual sim job with excellant screen) currently using ID Sim £5 monthly contract with Freedome Pop sim as back up, save £72 over 2 years compared to my £13 contract with a vastly inferiour phone, so I have a much better phone and a bit of money in the bank.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
https://www.freedompop.com, the free service is the basic service 200mb a month, there is a 5 pound activation fee as standard, but this Offer link may avoid that charge. I have ordered a sim but not received it yet so do not know if the service works, friend has received theirs and it works. You sign up for the offer service which is either 1Gb or 500Mb and then after activation but during the month trial down grade it to the Basic service (200mb).

BTW: You have to enter a card number, I dislike this when signing up for offers where I have no intention of paying for just want the free trial or it just seems too good, so I use a Industry standard test credit card number one of which s 4111...111 (4 followed by 15 ones) you can use any expiry date in the future and I generally use 123 or 999 as the 3 digit CVV back of card digits, this usually satisfies their need for card details but obviously cannot actually work and fails any AUTH attempt, mind if legit they should not take any funds anyway.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
@Neilfg I assume you are aware that in the UK, use of a Industry Standard Test Card for other than its defined purpose is a) against the rules of the issuing bank, and b) could be considered as a Section 2 or Section 4 offence under the Fraud Act 2006.

Sorry, I've been in the payments industry too long. I know these numbers are easily found on Google, but please lets not add to problem.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just an update Freedompop sim arrived installed and works. Downgraded from the free trial 500mb but with a charge after 30 days to the completely free 200mb per month. Not tried txt or calls as only interested in the data side and using it in a gps logger.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just an update Freedompop sim arrived installed and works. Downgraded from the free trial 500mb but with a charge after 30 days to the completely free 200mb per month. Not tried txt or calls as only interested in the data side and using it in a gps logger.
Calls are a bit naff, tend to cut in and out sometimes it is usable but not ideal, as they support Feel Three at Home gives you free calls when away without having to use your data allowance.

Also check you haven't been signed up for the roll over data if you don't want it, I got caught on that £1.49/month could be useful but not if you don't want it.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Don't forget April 2016 is when roaming charges drop dramatically,don't get caught in a contract you might want to move to whichever network you fancy most later.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back