Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
We are going over to brugge for a long weekend
Can anyone recommend a hypermarket to stock up on vino for the xmas period ?
we used to go on coach trips many years ago and use PJ'S neat J5 on the E40
and a place called pidou not sure if they are still open ??
:xgrin::xgrin:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No Tesco at Cite Europe now - been closed for several years now! A new wine store called, I think, World Wines has opened in its place. We usually use Lidl near Cite Europe which opened last year.

Denise

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
You don't say if you are going via MH or Car. If it is by car it is worth considering Calais Wines http://www.calaiswine.co.uk as they always have travel offers on.
At the moment A pre-order of £500 qualifies for their free 3 day break sailings with P&O. A pre-order of £400 will get a 24 hour Shuttle crossing.
Their website is very detailed with all their wines well described including a whole lot on "3 bottles for £6"offers. We have bought a lot of this in the past and have never been disappointed. They have wines from all over the world.
If you have already booked your crossing, You could pre-order (not pre-pay) over £500 (I think), they give you 10% extra on your order (best check this is still in force!!)
You can pay by sterling credit or debit card or cash.
Well worth looking at their site even if only for price comparison.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
You don't say if you are going via MH or Car. If it is by car it is worth considering Calais Wines http://www.calaiswine.co.uk as they always have travel offers on.
At the moment A pre-order of £500 qualifies for their free 3 day break sailings with P&O. A pre-order of £400 will get a 24 hour Shuttle crossing.
Their website is very detailed with all their wines well described including a whole lot on "3 bottles for £6"offers. We have bought a lot of this in the past and have never been disappointed. They have wines from all over the world.
If you have already booked your crossing, You could pre-order (not pre-pay) over £500 (I think), they give you 10% extra on your order (best check this is still in force!!)
You can pay by sterling credit or debit card or cash.
Well worth looking at their site even if only for price comparison.

MH crossing already booked !!

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Good. Might still be worth looking at their site as their "free wine offer " is still on....

Broken Link Removed

Looks like they give 10% extra in increments of £330, £660 or £1100.
Good access to their car park for MH's

(No I don't have any connection to this company):xwink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Didn't know Tesco at cite europe had gone, I never used it anyway. If heading into Belgium there is a big Cora at Coudekerk, but I never thought there wine range was that good, also slightly inland a Leclerc at Bergues, just past the turnoff to the aire (or before it if you come the other way) SWMBO likes Leclerc best but I think they are expensive, but she does the shopping so gets to choose.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We use the big Auchan( part of a huge shopping area) at Grande-Synthe Just off the A16 (D601). N51.007699. E2.280041

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Didn't know Tesco at cite europe had gone, I never used it anyway. If heading into Belgium there is a big Cora at Coudekerk, but I never thought there wine range was that good, also slightly inland a Leclerc at Bergues, just past the turnoff to the aire (or before it if you come the other way) SWMBO likes Leclerc best but I think they are expensive, but she does the shopping so gets to choose.
I also like the Leclerc shops but not for wine! Agree with you that they are very expensive for wine.

Denise

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
If you are taking the tunnel then Carrefour at Cite Europe is geared up for us Brits with stacks of wine in all categories with lots of offer and deals.
Auchan, just a couple of miles away is good, too and you can fill up with diesel across the road and save a few quid. They are building a new petrol station on the outskirts of the Cite Europe complex which will have easy access for motorhomes.
There is also the new Lidl in Cite Europe near the pet passport office. They have some very good wines.
Stock up with enough wine and there will be no room for extra passengers!:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
Mike and Annie:cool::)

Upvote 0
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Pidou is still open, easy to find, just look for hundreds of tents nearby !!

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I second the Auchan at Grande-Synthe.
The only thing that makes me wary of Auchan is that when they detect a British credit card they offer payment in pounds. When I checked the exchange rate it was 1.33 to the pound, whereas my Halifax card was giving 1.41 at the time so be careful and pay in Euros.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back