Is there a Concorde Owners Club in UK? (1 Viewer)

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a Concorde Motorhome Owners Club for UK owners. Looking forward to collecting ours in the new year and if there were any others around having get togethers in 2016.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Lynd57

The simple answer is NO, a few owners were invited by Southdowns to attend a bit of an event at Chichester earlier this year likewise a few were invited to the factory In Germany for one of their events, as these invites came from Southdowns of course you would need to be a customer of theirs to get the invite in the first place, there is talk of a club starting but not sure when @KayeB might know a little more than I do.

Out of interest what are you getting and is it from Southdowns.

Martin

OP
OP
Lynd57

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Lynd57

The simple answer is NO, a few owners were invited by Southdowns to attend a bit of an event at Chichester earlier this year likewise a few were invited to the factory In Germany for one of their events, as these invites came from Southdowns of course you would need to be a customer of theirs to get the invite in the first place, there is talk of a club starting but not sure when @KayeB might know a little more than I do.

Out of interest what are you getting and is it from Southdowns.

Martin
Hello Martin, Thats a shame but thanks for the info, Southdowns did mention a trip to the factory in Germany.
We opted for a Charisma in the end a very nice motorhome. Merry Christmas

Reactions: f6c

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice van for sure, has to be on our short list when we decide to change.

Martin

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Hi, I was one of the guys at the concorde meet up in Germany last year talking about an owners club, which would be great. At the least an active forum group would be very useful to discuss both various technical issues....the concordes are complex beasts...and to share information on good sites, plan meet ups etc.
We are relatively new (8 months) Charisma owners and very pleased with our new (well second hand) baby.
Please get in touch if you need any advice or information ....have you picked it up yet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lynd57

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, I was one of the guys at the concorde meet up in Germany last year talking about an owners club, which would be great. At the least an active forum group would be very useful to discuss both various technical issues....the concordes are complex beasts...and to share information on good sites, plan meet ups etc.
We are relatively new (8 months) Charisma owners and very pleased with our new (well second hand) baby.
Please get in touch if you need any advice or information ....have you picked it up yet?

Hello Peter
Good to hear from you. We are actually collecting ours next Monday, so excited. We've had some remodelling to do to accomodate the Charisma (raise the roof!) and do some groundwork before bringing it home but the weather here in Devon has been rotten to say the least but we're nearly there now.
We plan to go to the factory meet in Germany this year and it would be good to hear from other Concorde owners who are doing the same or to maybe coordinate and do the journey together.
Lets keep intouch on here so if you know any other Concorde owners let them know (or they can 'like' this post) and maybe we can start chatting and share info on sites, techy stuff (husband Johns dept!), meet ups etc.
Thanks for getting in touch Peter and i'll post a piccy when we're home
Cheers Lyn

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Maybe the Eagle 5 Owner's Association could help?

Eagle_5_Spaceballs-Jeff_Boyes-Screenprint-trampt-67790o.jpg

OP
OP
Lynd57

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
If you want some sub forums in it, such as Concorde Tech, Owners Club Meets.. Just shout :)
Thanks Jim would you set those up pls then maybe peter21 and I could start the ball rolling, Cheers Lyn

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
can we have a niesmann bishchoff one as well please :cool:
Brian & Jo;)

Apr 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
IH N680CRL
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Lynd57,

We also went to the factory meet last year, along with Peter 21 & Kaye B.

Not sure if we will be able to go this year but will probably do a few UK rallies.

Sure we will meet up some time.

Regards, J & A

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@KayeB

You should be reading this Kaye, you know I have no interest in Concorde's;)

Martin

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Yes we too were at the factory meet last year but missed the Chichester do as new van wasn't ready. Got it in December after long wait. E&D

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Jim...thanks for the name change and subforum...
Lynd57...bet you can't wait! I am guessing you are going to Southdown's for the Charisma? Is Ben or Rod doing the handover? If so say Peter and Nia send their regards...We stopped at Hayling Island for a couple of days after our handover to get used to the systems and check everything out before taking the ferry over to France.
You will have a lot of fun with your new toy.
We will be in Portsmouth the Monday you pick up...we are catching the evening ferry to Caen that night. It's just getting a bit cold wet and windy up here in Cumbria and Spain beckons.

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Great idea - met lots of Concorde owners at the Southdowns Weekend at Concierge Camping last Autumn.
It was great to meet lots of friendly people who were happy to extend help, advice and "war stories" of when things went wrong.
Really hope they do it again this year, and it would be great if we had an owners group,
I would love to go to the German Concorde event which sounds fantastic.

Andy, Tanya & Pandora the pup

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have been undecided between a Concord or RS for months and just put a deposit on a used RS Endevour, hope I have done the right thing !!! they have got an owners club but I don't know if its very active

OP
OP
Lynd57

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
We saw the RS Elysian at the NEC and it was lovely. We decided to go with the Concorde Charisma with the Iveco chassis in the end purely for its comfort, layout and build quality and it's just lovely. Can't praise enough the guys at Southdowns they have been brilliant would definitely highly recommend them totally customer service driven it was a joy to do business with them.
We've booked our Chunnel ticket and seeing where our 6 weeks will take us, roll on April.
Best of luck with your RS you'll love it I'm sure.
Happy camping

OP
OP
Lynd57

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
Great idea - met lots of Concorde owners at the Southdowns Weekend at Concierge Camping last Autumn.
It was great to meet lots of friendly people who were happy to extend help, advice and "war stories" of when things went wrong.
Really hope they do it again this year, and it would be great if we had an owners group,
I would love to go to the German Concorde event which sounds fantastic.

Andy, Tanya & Pandora the pup

Hi, we're heading to this years German meet, yes it does sound great I think Johns looking forward to the factory tour!!
I think if Southdowns do another weekend at Concierge Camping I think we'll have to pay a visit. It'll be good to meet other owners. Cheers John, Lyn & Ruby Doo the pup x

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Hi folks, just bought a 2006 Concord Concerto and wondering if there is anything I need to be wary of. I am informed that springs in the locker locks are iffy and break which means you can't lock the doors, does anyone know where I can get them?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I called in at Alpha Motorhomes in Belgium hoping to by the very same springs. They didn't stock them separately but told me usually you had to buy the whole gubbins, ie front facia and box behind. The guy went into the stores and brought two of said boxes complete with mechanisms and springs. I asked him how much and he said FOC.

Im told that the spring should be readily available from a good locksmiths but I cant verify that. One thing I can verify is that if you bought the whole thing from Southdowns you wouldn't have change out of £75.00.

Is your Concerto on a Merc or Iveco?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
'We saw the RS Elysian at the NEC and it was lovely. We decided to go with the Concorde'

A very wise move indeed IMO.

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Liitle Wheels - great find

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun