'Injured' police inspector caught driving motor home: (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A police inspector who claimed her disability prevented her from driving to work – but took her family on a motorhome holiday to France – said she managed the journey because it was "like driving an armchair".

Inspector Zoe Hallam, former neighbourhood policing sergeant for Bingham, was called as a witness on the third day of a misconduct hearing into allegations she had exaggerated the injuries she sustained after a taxi crashed into her police car in November 2011.

Read more: Broken Link Removed

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I know one cop who has been on full pay sick leave for 15 years , she has been capable of holding down a job during that time and has worked doing cash in hand type jobs

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You have to suffer it to understand it Jim
I too find driving a my motor home far easier than a car for any amount of time these days if I cant stretch my legs every five mins I'd rather walk, its less painful
This investigation has only arisen because she is making a claim against the Police for failing to change her role to a more suitable one
there are many out there who look perfectly healthy but hide pain well, they get a lot of practice
I no longer comment on what appears to be normal healthy people using the blue badge scheme, Pain and discomfort are invisible
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Mines the other way, car is better than motorhome due to restrictions on seat positioning in MH. Takes days for the pain,discomfort to disappear after driving it.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I know one cop who has been on full pay sick leave for 15 years , she has been capable of holding down a job during that time and has worked doing cash in hand type jobs

I find this sort of behaviour obscene. Its fraud on the public purse that pays her salary.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
This investigation has only arisen because she is making a claim against the Police for failing to change her role to a more suitable one
What would that be, traffic officer???

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I can see her point. It is far more comfortable for me to drive the MH all day than drive the toad for an hour. I am a large person and a small car cannot ever be comfortable to drive. Driving the MH as she says is just like sitting in an armchair.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
She should get the sack
GEOMAR
................................Or better still, one of these.

police1.jpg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
A police inspector who claimed her disability prevented her from driving to work – but took her family on a motorhome holiday to France – said she managed the journey because it was "like driving an armchair".

Inspector Zoe Hallam, former neighbourhood policing sergeant for Bingham, was called as a witness on the third day of a misconduct hearing into allegations she had exaggerated the injuries she sustained after a taxi crashed into her police car in November 2011.

Read more: Broken Link Removed

At least she was found out and sacked for gross misconduct without notice though we don't know the cost of the investigation undertaken to find her out!
She was hoping for an early retirement on full pension on health grounds!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
At least she was found out and sacked for gross misconduct without notice though we don't know the cost of the investigation undertaken to find her out!
She was hoping for an early retirement on full pension on health grounds!
Shame. She sounded like a really nice girl as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back