Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I was cutting a hole in a new kitchen worktop using a jigsaw at the weekend, the blade kept coming out so I decided I needed a new one so off to Screwfix I went. Like a kid in a sweetshop I decided I like the look of a new power saw to add to my armery, didn't need it but something inside me said I must have a new toy, cut the worktop a treat. I have always fancied a router but can't convince myself I need one, yet, mind you I bought a multicutter last year because it looked good, never yet used it (n)
Quite honestly I don't see what women see in handbags being there are to many different designs and colours of power tools they could collect instead :xwink::xThumb:

What is you favourite power tool??

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
My favourite power tool is my 18 inch Stihl chainsaw - frighteningly good chopping up wood

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I like the Makita 18v pro range always used them when working like the idea of using one battery for different tools.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I know, but I can't seem to get it through to er in doors that you can't chop a tree down with a handbag!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I know, but I can't seem to get it through to er in doors that you can't chop a tree down with a handbag!
When you've got trees to chop down you need to have a decent tool in your hand
images

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Love the idea of a chainsaw but a bit OTT for the kitchen worktops...........but maybe not, I sense another trip to Screwfix coming on :xThumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I was cutting a hole in a new kitchen worktop using a jigsaw at the weekend, the blade kept coming out so I decided I needed a new one so off to Screwfix I went. Like a kid in a sweetshop I decided I like the look of a new power saw to add to my armery, didn't need it but something inside me said I must have a new toy, cut the worktop a treat. I have always fancied a router but can't convince myself I need one, yet, mind you I bought a multicutter last year because it looked good, never yet used it (n)
Quite honestly I don't see what women see in handbags being there are to many different designs and colours of power tools they could collect instead :xwink::xThumb:

A jigsaw and wood glue
Followed with a set of namers 6oz-14 pounder
One has a selection
Just Makes the mistake disappear:xThumb::):xblush::xwink:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If she was Miss Piggy she could chop the tree down without a handbag at all!!! :xgrin:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Love the idea of a chainsaw but a bit OTT for the kitchen worktops...........but maybe not, I sense another trip to Screwfix coming on :xThumb:
There is only one way to cut work tops and get a smooth, straight edge
A router, used with a worktop jig
It's what all our kitchen fitters used

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Being a 'non-typical' woman I would much rather have a new power tool than a handbag! My 'favourite' is a Black and Decker Scorpion (electric saw) ... brilliant bit of kit! :xThumb: I am also quite fond of my drills too! :xgrin:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
True, but if you have the 'skill' you can do it with a hand saw too - sometimes you can't use a jig so if you don't have the skill you're b*ggered!

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Now you tell me :xdoh: so I could have bought a router after all, guess I will have to buy one in case I have to change to worktops again :xThumb:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
True, but if you have the 'skill' you can do it with a hand saw too - sometimes you can't use a jig so if you don't have the skill you're b*ggered!
Don't think you can cut a masons mitre corner joint with a handsaw

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... you can if you're careful and use a hacksaw, knife etc, not easy I'll grant you but I had to do it when we rejigged our kitchen when we had a new doorway put in through to the conservatory! No way was I going to pay monkeys to do it for me as I had previously when the worktop was fitted (I knew I should have done it myself then) or for a jig and router just for one little job!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Think you can if you have the skills the trouble is these days there aren't many tradesmen around when I did my apprenticeship we were taught how to do these things, unfortunately youngsters learning trades today think if it can't be bought off the shelf or hammered in with a nail gun it can't be done.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I bought a 3/8 drive 6" extension bar that had a 45 degree angle in it..
All down with about 8 rods that slide in and out.. VERY difficult to explain !

I knew full well I would never use it, just LOVED the way it worked.

Found a picture of it..

$_1.JPG

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
went into Screwfix for a box of tacks or something and came out with an Evolution Rage circular saw which was on offer. Great bit of kit, used it for cutting all the 1/4" and 5/8" steel plate that I used to build the log splitter. Hoping Santa brings me a Makita amgle grinder to share my 18 volt batteries with :xThumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bought a 3/8 drive 6" extension bar that had a 45 degree angle in it..
All down with about 8 rods that slide in and out.. VERY difficult to explain !

I knew full well I would never use it, just LOVED the way it worked.

Found a picture of it..

$_1.JPG
But easy to see.
Same principle as a constant volocity joint.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun