Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
My wife decided to buy me a Kampa Air Rally Pro Series 2 Inflatable Caravan Awning. Actually made to fit either a van or caravan.
Anyway the goods were from Amazon supplied by a dealer who advertises on here and the price was extremely good, almost unbelievable.
Nearly a week later she has received an email saying that the awning could not be supplied as a fork lift truck had gone through the packaging and there was not one to supply, even though the advert said there were four of them available.
The order has therefore been cancelled by them and I do not get my present. By the way the same product is still on the website and is still available but at a more inflated price.
I know companies can sell products at whatever price the choose but it is very shoddy to perform in this manner. If the dealer sees this and answers, privately I will tell him how disgusted I am.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think you maybe have your own answer, you state the price was extremely good 'almost unbelievable'

I presume the seller made a mistake on the advert pricing, not realising until one was bought

Shame for you, I do see your point, but a case of too good to be true I reckon

Would have been nicer for seller to have been honest though, I like you doubt it was ever damaged

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
That is an absolutely disgusting way to treat a customer, but sadly a sign of the times.

I know you probably don't want to name names, but would you have done so had they not been involved with Fun?

I would certainly name names, to show which companies are prepared to use this underhand way of pulling out of a sales contract, because they have discovered they can get a higher price for the product.

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I think you maybe have your own answer, you state the price was extremely good 'almost unbelievable'

I presume the seller made a mistake on the advert pricing, not realising until one was bought

Shame for you, I do see your point, but a case of too good to be true I reckon

Would have been nicer for seller to have been honest though, I like you doubt it was ever damaged

Mistake or not, it would appear that the Trader is prepared to lie to their customers, so if they would lie about that, what else would they be prepared to lie about?

Not to be trusted in IMO.

:cooler:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hmmm.. Awaiting comment by seller with baited breath .. Usually quite quick and on the ball.

OP
OP
JohnH

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Hmmm.. Awaiting comment by seller with baited breath .. Usually quite quick and on the ball.

I must admit I thought he would be very quick to respond. After all, a name we know was at the bottom of the email sent to my wife. Thanks all, I will reply to all comments eventually.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Two ways of looking at it.

The dealer is an anchor (rhymes with) and is out to rob you.

Or maybe one of the dealers staff has dropped a bow lark (rhymes with) and has listed the product incorrectly . Dealer could have course stand by the advertised price albeit a seemingly and obviously wrongly stated price and loose money. He / she could but why should they ? Perhaps they cant afford to loose money ?

The BS about the forklift isn't great but come on people make mistakes,

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
What difference does it make if the seller advertises on the Fun site if it's wrong it's wrong. ?

I enquired at a Mo Ho show about a TV lead the dealer couldn't be bothered.

also I rang up another re a new porch awning the guy on the phone gave me little or no advise so no order.

Both dealers advertise on here never rang either again. Pete

Deleted User
Of course the dealer may have made an error in the listing, in which case he/she should just have been honest and admitted that fact. Under these circumstances they are under no obligation to sell to you at the advertised price.

However, did they take payment from you?

If they did, then things change quite a bit as they have entered into a contract with you. They cannot under these circumstances refuse to supply the goods.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If they did, then things change quite a bit as they have entered into a contract with you. They cannot under these circumstances refuse to supply the goods.

They are able to cancel the contract if the terms of the contract allow this, because the goods were damaged, they may also be required to compensate you for any loss that you incurred.

However as John has said the dealer had 4 in stock, so I'm suspecting the damaged goods story is just an excuse.

Shoddy way to treat your customers though.

Deleted User
They are able to cancel the contract if the terms of the contract allow this, because the goods were damaged, they may also be required to compensate you for any loss that you incurred.

However as John has said the dealer had 4 in stock, so I'm suspecting the damaged goods story is just an excuse.

Shoddy way to treat your customers though.

I strongly suspect that this is the basis of the "forklift truck" incident :)

If they had taken payment from me and then stated "stock damaged", I would have phoned and checked stock levels (as a prospective buyer)

Of course the "seller" could be telling the truth and is hacked off at the loss of a sale and is currently looking to recruit a new fork truck driver :xThumb:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
My wife decided to buy me a Kampa Air Rally Pro Series 2 Inflatable Caravan Awning. Actually made to fit either a van or caravan.
Anyway the goods were from Amazon supplied by a dealer who advertises on here and the price was extremely good, almost unbelievable.
Nearly a week later she has received an email saying that the awning could not be supplied as a fork lift truck had gone through the packaging and there was not one to supply, even though the advert said there were four of them available.
The order has therefore been cancelled by them and I do not get my present. By the way the same product is still on the website and is still available but at a more inflated price.
I know companies can sell products at whatever price the choose but it is very shoddy to perform in this manner. If the dealer sees this and answers, privately I will tell him how disgusted I am.

Why don't you phone the dealer and ask if any are available and if so at what price.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
John
Did the dealer do the right thing by you?
Or are they ignoring you in the hope you'll go away

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
My wife decided to buy me a Kampa Air Rally Pro Series 2 Inflatable Caravan Awning.

By the way the same product is still on the website and is still available but at a more inflated price.

:xdoh: It must have inflated itself when the fork lift hit it?

OP
OP
JohnH

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Thanks all for your comments. In the end I pm'd the dealer and told him the story and asked for his comments.
Sorry to say that his comments were totally unconvincing and I still believe he is telling porkies.
I would have preferred "sorry, but we goofed on the price and I am not Father Christmas".
It is a pity that one gets to 70+ and still get surprises on certain practices.
Did he win? No, I will hopefully have a good Christmas and I can sleep at night knowing I don't treat anyone with such disrespect.
So I close this now. Merry Christmas to one and all including Scrooge who has moved nearer to the south coast.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back