electrolux aircon drain problem (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just been running the aircon unit for the last hour to see if it needs servicing.

seems to be cooling fine but when i stopped it i got a bit wet:cry::Eeek:

water started to run into the van via the directional vents on the unit.

now, i know this is just condensed water from the unit but should there be a drain tube to the outside and if so does anyone know where?

its probably blocked.

Last edited:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi John

Can't help you with this, but ours does the same. Dont know the brand of ours but its a fiat based M/H with the 2.8jtd engine,

we'll watch this thread with interest

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Don't know either John .. not even sure if there is one .. but if you have a look under the roof cover you might be able to enlighten us all .. :thumb: and while your up there you could clean the evaporator .. :roflmto:

It's too damn hot for me to go climbing .. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't know either John .. not even sure if there is one .. but if you have a look under the roof cover you might be able to enlighten us all .. :thumb: and while your up there you could clean the evaporator .. :roflmto:

It's too damn hot for me to go climbing .. :Cool:

too hot for me too!!!!!

i'll wait 'til that big red ball thingies gone below the horizon then have a look.:ROFLMAO:

never thought of looking under there:Blush::Doh:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
problem found but not overcome:cry:

yes there are drain holes and are easy to get to.
one on each side of the main body about half way along and 50mm up from the roof....approx 10mm diameter. clean them from outside the unit:thumb:

the problem is a design fault:Angry:

the fan which push's air into the van draws air through the evaporater but also draws small droplets of water, from the evaporater fins, as well and this collects in the body around the fan, in time filling the fan tray and dripping out into the van.

its supposed to drain into the evaporater housing and through the two drain holes.

looks like we're stuck with it as theres nowhere to drill any extra drain holes:Sad:

BTW Jim, the evaporater was spotless:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
problem found but not overcome:cry:

yes there are drain holes and are easy to get to.
one on each side of the main body about half way along and 50mm up from the roof....approx 10mm diameter. clean them from outside the unit:thumb:

the problem is a design fault:Angry:

the fan which push's air into the van draws air through the evaporater but also draws small droplets of water, from the evaporater fins, as well and this collects in the body around the fan, in time filling the fan tray and dripping out into the van.

its supposed to drain into the evaporater housing and through the two drain holes.

looks like we're stuck with it as theres nowhere to drill any extra drain holes:Sad:

BTW Jim, the evaporater was spotless:thumb:

Cheers John .. I had very faith you would suss it

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back