does anyone know best place in Germany or Belgium to buy a motorhome (1 Viewer)

sue b

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking dont own one
Exp
im new
I am new to this but understand it is cheaper to buy a new motorhome from Germany or Belgium
as wanting a LHD

OP
OP
S

sue b

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking dont own one
Exp
im new
LOOKING FOR A LOW PROFILE 2/3 BIRTH LIKE RIMOR SEAL OR CARADO T132
I THOUGHT BELGIUM MIGHT BE A BIT EASIER TO GET TO THAN BIELEFELD
IN GERMANY WHERE I HAVE SEEN ONE. ALSO DO YOU KNOW IF YOU PAY THE VAT IN THE COUNTRY YOU BUY FROM OR IN THE UK
THANKS

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Sue
Before you go too far, I'd suggest paying your subs and joining the forum for a year. You're soon going to run out of free posts and probably going to have loads of unanswered questions.
Best of luck with your search !

Regards
Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
2015-08-09 10.50.47.jpg
CARADO T132

I have one, let me know if you want
an owners perspective (y)

B]

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Campirama import Carado in Belgium and distribute to other dealers so they will be your best bet for carado, they give very keen prices we have brought 2 Hymers from them. Should be able to get a low profile new Carado for around 25 - 30k.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ok well youve changed my mind ! Where do i find a thread that explains buying,importing,insuring,etc from germany to uk !! That dealers l;ooks like the quality and prices are amazing,,,,but i dont speak german !!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
ok well youve changed my mind ! Where do i find a thread that explains buying,importing,insuring,etc from germany to uk !! That dealers l;ooks like the quality and prices are amazing,,,,but i dont speak german !!
Google translate is your friend.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
they all more or less speak enqwish or at least have one salesperson who does..you will be surprised how well some do

just use a forum search re "importing" and read up on the process. nothing to be anxious about you will wonder what the fuss was about when you get your bargain van back. Fun starts with DVLA

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Have you considered that with this bed layout, some one will have to climb over the other to get to the loo?:rofl:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have you considered that with this bed layout, some one will have to climb over the other to get to the loo?:rofl:

Its the most popular layout going..Keeps overall length reasonable and a large garage underneath..Some couples still like sleeping together:coffee:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Its the most popular layout going..Keeps overall length reasonable and a large garage underneath..Some couples still like sleeping together:coffee:

You are right, but if I wanted a garage I would prefer the single bed layout and sleep in layers .............................occasionally.:whistle2:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You are right, but if I wanted a garage I would prefer the single bed layout and sleep in layers .............................occasionally.:whistle2:

fine if your prepared to live with a longer van for the privilege..not all are.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
The RIMOR SEAL looks plenty long ----about the same as my T660 and the Travel Van 620G - with single beds over the garage

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

fine if your prepared to live with a longer van for the privilege..not all are.

Judgemental is right.
Bed over garage everytime saves on length and gives a huge comfy double bed. To achieve the same facilities without it our van would be a massive 9 metres instead of 7.5 metres. Try touring some of the places in Italy we go to with a van that long, seriously stressful.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Judgemental is right.
Bed over garage everytime saves on length and gives a huge comfy double bed. To achieve the same facilities without it our van would be a massive 9 metres instead of 7.5 metres. Try touring some of the places in Italy we go to with a van that long, seriously stressful.

Which is what I'm saying!:banghead:
A single beds option over the garage is about the same length.
Rimor Seal side ways bed --- 6.6Mtr
Burstner Travel Van 620G two singles --- 6.2 Mtr
There are many other better layouts with a garage at less than 7.5Mtr

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@Stealaway
Sorry wouldn't entertain length ways beds especially in a van under 7.5 metres the lounges are tiny and far too small for us. We spend months away in the van and like a big lounge with full size sofas for lounging and entertaining. Our next van will probably be a newish B544 huge sofas massive double bed again only problem will be giving up the garage as we carry a 650 cc Kawasaki on board.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back