A solution to rear TV speakers (1 Viewer)

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
Our Avtex TV has rear facing speakers and is mounted on a swinging arm. When we slommock about on the beds at the rear we have to increase the volume as the tv does not back onto anything. To resolve this we tried some Bluetooth speakers with apt-x ( this being an acceptable standard to reduce audio to vision time-lag) and a bluetooth transmitter with apt-x plugged into the earphone socket of the set. Everything worked but the time-lag was still unacceptable. In the end we opted for this weeks bargain:- Broken Link Removed
2 tiny speakers joined by usb cable that plugs into the head phone socket. No need for bluetooth. Excellent sound. No sound kicking out of the rear of the tv. The cable also charges the speakers.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Excellent tip! We have the same problem. We have a set of speakers hanging around somewhere, I'm going to try this tomorrow!
Thanks @Chaumo ! :)(y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
have the same problem, we now use the KS Hive; great sound, compact ; hard wire or bluetooth and can be used with your phone as it has a mic.
hive.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Wired ours to the head unit in the dash, using the vans 6 built in speakers gives much better sound than any of these little speakers and no batteries to replace.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I have been looking for a solution to this problem for ages. Thanks for the tip
Just to make sure I am reading this correctly....
If I get a 3.5mm jack male to male cable , plug one end into the headphone socket on the TV and the other to the AUX socket on the van radio, select AUX on the radio should the TV play through the van speakers?

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Our Avtex TV has rear facing speakers and is mounted on a swinging arm. When we slommock about on the beds at the rear we have to increase the volume as the tv does not back onto anything. To resolve this we tried some Bluetooth speakers with apt-x ( this being an acceptable standard to reduce audio to vision time-lag) and a bluetooth transmitter with apt-x plugged into the earphone socket of the set. Everything worked but the time-lag was still unacceptable. In the end we opted for this weeks bargain:- Broken Link Removed
2 tiny speakers joined by usb cable that plugs into the head phone socket. No need for bluetooth. Excellent sound. No sound kicking out of the rear of the tv. The cable also charges the speakers.

We had the same problem September last year, as with most LED/LCD TV's) audio comes from the back of the unit as does most TV's bought for the house hench the marketing of the so called 'Sound Bars'. We sorted this by mounting our 19" cello TV on a drop down bracket fixed to the ceiling at the end of the transverse bed, wired in a Laptop 'Edifier' 3 Speaker system (subwoofer, two side speakers) connected to the Earphones TV out 3.5mm socket, we may introduce an in-line headphone amp to enhance the volume...also now looking at replacing this sound system with our just recently purchased Samsung Sound Bar..and so on...

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
Hi there just picked up speakers
And tried them proper job thanks again for the tip.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Wired ours to the head unit in the dash, using the vans 6 built in speakers gives much better sound than any of these little speakers and no batteries to replace.
@lennyhb Any details as to how do this would be much appreciated thanks Lenny in anticipation.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I drilled a hole in the floor under the kitchen unit and routed the cables along and across the chassis and back into the cab via the battery box. I used split flexable conduit to protect the cables, my reversing camera cable takes the same route.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@lennyhb Thanks Lenny going to take a look and see if Ican do likewise.:xsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun