Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then,
I've just arrived on camp and filled up with water, but there's no water coming from any of my taps.......I can't understand why, this is the first time it's happened .....it's a wayfarer Peugeot boxer 97 .....my pump is making its normal noise and I'm doing everything that I normally do......any ideas.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You may have an airlock.
Run hit tap furthest away from the water tank. May take a few minutes as there might be air in the hot water tank or pipes.
Is there water in the fresh water tank?

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Somehow you seem to have an air lock. Blow through open pipes nearest tank. keep furthest tap open. Assuming nothing has changes from the norm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Sounds like an airlock which has previously been suggested. You could try turning on your kitchen tap, putting your mouth over it and sucking hard. I have had airlocks on a couple of occasions and this has fixed it for me

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Who's a naughty Boy then eh? Who didn't try things out BEFORE he left home?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Thanks for the replies, I had to pop into town so I thought I'd have a look when I got back....now it's pitch black there's not much I can do till the morning. A air lock does sound likely but I've just noticed that the tank is now empty......according to the reading......why or where the waters gone I've no idea..........a bit of a let down for the Mrs as she wanted to do the sucking.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
I didn't know I had a dump valve, where is it? And what does it look like?

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Next to your boiler? If you have a truma.

2urmkvn.jpg

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Just wondered if there is a plug at the bottom of your fresh water tank that perhaps hasn't sat properly?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Airlocks stopping water flow are a bit of a myth.
You may have air in the system but the pump is pushing water into the pipes.
At some point water HAS TO emerge from the taps.
It may splutter but water will come out.....it has to, it has nowhere else to go.
The only way it could stop the flow is if the airlock is in or before the pump.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Just been checking around some of the above tasks .....still not getting anywhere ...I've now just noticed that the little testing button now reads empty, but I have just checked the outside water inlet and the water level is full.........hmmmm

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
There are not many causes for this fault.
Pump.
Water supply.
Tap microswitch.
Blockages in pipework.

If you have taken the top off the water tank and can see that the tank is full (as opposed to relying on a gauge) then that is the water supply cause ruled out. Make sure your boiler is full by closing the red dump valve and opening the hot taps.
Second, you have said that when you open any of the taps you can hear the pump working, but nothing, not even bubbling, comes out of any tap, whether on hot or cold. That doesn't necessarily rule out a pump fault. Mine sounded as though it was working but after only a few minutes of standing unused, each time I opened a tap, the bubbling start again. I fitted a new pump and it is now fine. So despite the encouraging sound, there could be a problem at the pump.
Does the pump sound to be active when every tap is opened? If not, you have a microswitch failure on one or more taps. Easy to fix, but you do need the new part.
If you can disconnect the feede pipes to your taps, and turn the tap on (making sure you can catch the water of course!) that might tell you where there is a blockage, if any. When you do find out what the problem was, it would be good to hear the result on this thread. Gary

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then,
Finally sorted out my problem, the water was not coming out of the taps was because the pressure was low, I wasn't sure if to leave the motor running as I thought I might burn the motor in the pump but that was not the case, so I let it run for 30 seconds or so and then hey presto the water in the taps was running normal.....this was talked to me over the telephone, so if it happens again I know what to do......thanks for all your help

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Nah then,
Finally sorted out my problem, the water was not coming out of the taps was because the pressure was low, I wasn't sure if to leave the motor running as I thought I might burn the motor in the pump but that was not the case, so I let it run for 30 seconds or so and then hey presto the water in the taps was running normal.....this was talked to me over the telephone, so if it happens again I know what to do......thanks for all your help
Thirty seconds is nothing for the pump. If I drain my system down completely it takes several minutes to clear all the air out of the pipes, opening taps in turn, nearest the pump first.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Submersible pumps can be run for ages as long as they have been recently submerged in water. If submerged they can run for days (don't ask:)). In line diaphragm pumps can run until you become bored listening to them.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Glad you got it fixed, and for nowt! Like @DBK, the air takes a while to clear out of mine too, so what I usually do when filling up the main water tank when we get to a site is open up the hot water taps whilst I'm filling it, so the boiler is full and the air locks gone by the time the water tank is topped up.

One more trip for us this side of Christmas; a couple of nights down at Ayr Park at St Ives end of next week. Gary

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back