Unable to upload photo..any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Morning all, I have been trying to upload photos since the day before yesterday and I keep getting a message to say that it was unable to do this because of a security issue.

I have successfully posted photos using the wifi at the site I am on up until this point.

Does anyone know what might be going on please?

I am off driving today so please don't think me rude if I do not post a thanks to any possible suggestions straight away... in the meantime....

Thank you in anticipation :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've had that message as well and I think it was because the file was too big, which isn't a security issue but that's the message generated.

With my camera I can set the software which copies the images from the camera to the tablet to reduce the size of the image, I normally reduce them to 1500 by 1000 pixels.

How are you getting the images off your camera and what system are you using, Android or whatever?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I drag n drop my photos into Fun posts.
If using Windows 10 and Edge i cannot do this, so i use IE for this!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No problems here ..

Test upload .. full size 4MB image

B0001003.jpg

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I'm using android to send to my chromebook. I had uploaded 3 photos with no problem and then went to do the next one when I got the message. Haven't changed anything at all but now none of my pictures will load. I'm not sure how I would reduce the pixels , will look into that later @DBK thank you.

@Munchie - how are you Steph and Ken? Thank you about explorer but as I've a chromebook I don't think I can do that. I'm unable to upload from my phone or chromebook...bah.....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Bridget, I've just tried to upload a 7.8Mb image and it uploaded fine but I then tried 15Mb and 10Mb images and in both cases they failed with the security warning message coming up. So my guess is the upload limit is something around 10Mb.
I have used a free Android app called "Photoresizer" to reduce image sizes so they are quicker to upload here as there is no point uploading big images as the forum software reduces them anyway.

However, it may be possible to do as I do and use whatever software you are using to copy the images from the camera to your Chromebook to have them reduced at this stage. Of course if you are using a cable and just copying them across as you might take files off an SD card then this may not be possible. Are you using any specific software, probably from the camera manufacturer?

The error message for those who haven't seen it looks like this:

upload_2015-11-30_10-27-57.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The security error occurs when the page is left open too long, your photos are taking too long to upload and the sites security measures are kicking in. Reduce your picture size. The long side of the photo need never be longer than 1500 pixels. You can of course upload bigger if you wish but our software will cruelly strip out pixels leaving you with a poor quality photo. Far better to resize it yourself and then upload it (y)

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The security error occurs when the page is left open too long, your photos are taking too long to upload and the sites security measures are kicking in. Reduce your picture size. The long side of the photo need never be longer that 1500 pixels. You can of course upload bigger if you wish but our software will cruelly strip out pixels leaving you with a poor quality photo. Far better to resize it yourself and then upload it (y)
Many thanks Jim, that explains it. I guess Bridget is on a slow connection. The Photo Resizer software I mentioned can be found here : https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xllusion.app.photoresizer&hl=en_GB&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dphotoresizer&pcampaignid=APPU_1_QixcVt_VE4GGU5DVlLgH&ved=0ahUKEwjf_tuS_7fJAhUBwxQKHZAqBXcQ0jAIHjAA&usg=AFQjCNGgpO5DyzqlRtr95GfLRuqgHYXJLQ&sig2=G5dRLxLdvHE4kQERzYAFtQ
I found it worked well on Android and wasn't difficult to learn to use. Worth using even if you are on a good connection as uploads will still be quicker. You can reduce images individually or in batches. Use the settings to decide the final size of the image. The originals are not altered, it just makes a copy and puts it in a different folder.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thank you everyone!

Hopefully it was just the slow connection at the time. I'm at Camping International 42km from Madrid. Took me 5 1/2 hours to get here (driving hours) and have suddenly discovered I am hungry so will check all this out after dinner:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back