CCJ - Equifax (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

I am hoping someone may have some advice for me regarding my credit report.

I consider myself squeaky clean, no long list of loans and everything up-to-date. We own all our cars and the motorhome etc. Use credit cards/Amex for travel and online shopping. Always paid in full at the end of the month. We have a mortgage and looking to make some changes.

I have just checked my credit score with Equifax and had a shock. Okay, all green for payments and loans settled. Perfect!

Not so, there is a BIG red box with a CCJ against it for a linked address for £2144.00

The linked address was the house our Daughter lived in. She split with her partner and we bought out his share of the property between us. When our Daughter met someone else, she married and moved in with her Husband to his house, her house in Manchester was let out.

Now my link was that when our Daughter initially opened up a Joint Bank account for the mortgage on the property, my name was on the account and it was originally, for a short period registered to the linked address in Manchester.

Now on this court CCJ for Northampton CCBC Court date November 2011 and settled March 2012 is my Name for £2144.00 Something that is nothing to do with me.

The last tenants lived there for 3 years and moved out in December 2012.

I have emailed the court, but the short questions are......

How Long Will It Take To Get Removed?
Has anyone else had similar incidents?
What was your outcome?

Equifax tell me it could take many weeks/months!

Trev

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Credit reference agencies seem to be a law unto themselves.

I wouldn't waste your energy on them unless and until it actually adversly affects you.

If it doesn't affect your plans then ignore it.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
You can add a correction note to your record to explain why this is nothing to do with you, which should help to cover you while everything gets sorted out. I don't know the precise process, but I do know there is a word limit. The credit agency is obliged to publish your note along with the record.

Oh, and check other reference agencies in case they have the same record! Good luck.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Forty odd years ago I rented a property that was on every blacklist in the known world and my name was added to it. It took me months and months to clear my name after we moved out, I had to show receipts for everything. The one good thing I did was get the gas and electric off coin fed meters to paying quarterly and had a 100% good payment record on them.
Good luck with it.(y)

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
See here (taken from http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/faq/AR5.html)

"What is a Notice of Correction?

A Notice of Correction is a short (200 words max) explanatory note you can add to an entry on your credit report to explain the background to that information. Anyone searching your report in the future or who has seen it in the previous six months will see the Notice of Correction, and they must take account of it when you apply for credit.

Use the “Query Your Report” tab to send us the text for your Notice of Correction (200 words max), quoting the entries you want us to add the note to. Alternatively, you can post the text to us at the following address.

Experian Ltd
PO Box 9000
Nottingham NG80 7WP

We’ll make the necessary changes to your report. Any note we believe to be defamatory, libellous, incorrect, or frivolous may be referred to the Information Commissioner for arbitration.

We also recommend you contact the other credit reference agencies (Equifax and Callcredit) to notify them of the circumstances you want to explain, as the information we hold is not necessarily the same. We will provide them with any statement you add to court judgments. Click here for contact information for other credit reference agencies.

Yes. We drafted the following examples to help you write your own. (Click a link to view the text.)

NOC Examples
Judgment information
Credit account information"

Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks Chris,

I need the report to be good as I have been asked to supply it for a Mortgage application.

Yes I appreciate that but your explanation will hopefully be enough for the mortgage people.

You will go mad trying to fix your credit rating and you probably don't need to.

Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back