Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi all

Would any one be in need or require a portable oxygen machine.
The machine was used once to show my Uncle how to use it, so effectively is brand new.
This has been hanging around my house since my Uncle died and want someone to make use of it.
It comes in a shoulder bag can be plugged into the mains or cig lighter must be battery as well.
It was supplied by Airsep and palm size.

Originally cost £1900 in 2012.

Can anyone make use of it.

I'm looking for a donation I can give to charity hence not putting in the for sale section.

I think there are enough good people on here not to take the p**s and try to make money from this.

Any one with over 10 posts I'm happy to deal with so no one post scammers

Pictures via email or whatsapp is easier for me.

Jim if your not happy with the post being here please move.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Im a smoker and will probably need one sooner or later,,,im hoping it will be later !! but maybe a hard thing to get rid of ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Im a smoker and will probably need one sooner or later,,,im hoping it will be later !! but maybe a hard thing to get rid of ?

Any one that needs a oxygen boost when say walking etc it would help.

It is like a small shoulder/hand bag so not that big, hence palm size i guess :)

Dont think there is much like it on the NHS

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
is there no internet sites,medical equip suppliers that would give you something for it? It was a lot of money new !!!

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I've no personal need, or know of anyone requiring it...
But an expensive piece of medical equipment is bound to be needed by some deserving soul.
Nice approach to helping someone, well done.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If you get no takers why not auction it on ebay for charity?

Ahh the great unwashed on ebay :)

Sometimes more trouble than worth it.

I would rather someone get it that would appreciate it (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I know someone who may need it , my father in law has emphysema and uses oxygen, I know it can be a pain to move around as he only has a large full size oxygen set up. I will call him tomorrow morning and find out , and hes a Motorhomer:D

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I know someone who may need it , my father in law has emphysema and uses oxygen, I know it can be a pain to move around as he only has a large full size oxygen set up. I will call him tomorrow morning and find out , and hes a Motorhomer:D

Okie dokie

I will take the first come first served approach if thats ok

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
For somebody with severe COPD it would be a life changer. Quite a few on the funster site that I see at the shows wheeling a walker with a bottle on the side.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How about ringing Air Ambulance and offering it to them ?
If they cannot use it they should be able to raise a few shillings and every bit helps them poor sods

Reactions: DBK

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i use a portable oxygen concentrator and can tell you that they need regular expensive servicing. a 2012 model will need a major service before using, as the crystals it uses to purify the air need changing. probable cost based on my last quote was over £200 and there are only a handful of companies will do it. anything related to disability just like motorhomes they charge premium prices for.
as for the nhs, they normally wont supply portable concentrators on prescription, they expect you to survive on a big home based concentrator and portable bottles. gets very interesting having replacement oxygen cylinders delivered to a campsite

i am certain that your concentrator will change somebody's life

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
been speaking with the boss and she has a proposal , as the previous post has stated that the unit will need an expensive service , we will pay for the service and gift it to her dad , is that acceptable ? and could you post it and we will pay for the postage.
she has been trying to get a small portable oxygen set up for her dad

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
been speaking with the boss and she has a proposal , as the previous post has stated that the unit will need an expensive service , we will pay for the service and gift it to her dad , is that acceptable ? and could you post it and we will pay for the postage.
she has been trying to get a small portable oxygen set up for her dad

How about you get it serviced and pay the postage as you suggested.
Send a donation to the RNLI, amount up to you as my Uncle was a donator and if your Father in Law doesn't use or get on with it you pass it on to some other deserving person.

I dont know if the crystals go "off" with age or use, but this defiantly hasn't been used.
All the cables etc are still wrapped in the bags.

How does that sound.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
How about you get it serviced and pay the postage as you suggested.
Send a donation to the RNLI, amount up to you as my Uncle was a donator and if your Father in Law doesn't use or get on with it you pass it on to some other deserving person.

I dont know if the crystals go "off" with age or use, but this defiantly hasn't been used.
All the cables etc are still wrapped in the bags.

How does that sound.
richr that sounds great , we have been looking for one so,ill pm you our addy and if you let us know the cost we will do a money transfer , I give my word that we will donate to the RNLI , as a sailor I have had to use the RNLI to tow me in when my steering packed in but that's another story as they say.

I am sure that the intended reciprient will be cock a hoop with it

Thank you
Matt

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back