Oh no, not again ...Brownhills (1 Viewer)

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Just tried to contact them again via email but it's still blocking me... strangely:Doh: it allows me to make a sales enquiry...

I'm sure one of the Brownfool* (see later) moles on here will be only too pleased to pass on the following to:
mcantrell@brownhills.co.uk Sales Manager

Thanks Mick

Please pass this on to the Managing Director.... You may have records of the awful treatment I received from Brownhills... terse, nasty emails and responses being blocked.... all because I enquired whether you'd honour the warranty on my current E425 purchased from Brownhills.

Your poor treatment has cost you my business... 2 days ago I was happy to travel a 100 miles to receive high quality customer care from one of your competitors and .............spend 20k + my current vehicle.....

We first visited Brownhills over 30 years ago...the guy who founded Brownhills must be turning in his grave.

You reap what you sow!

Re :Doh: Brownfool*.... in my estimation any company that alienates any of their customer base deserves the epithet 'Fool' (Newark is only 45min drive:Doh:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Ed

Free Member
May 4, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Brownhills

:Doh:I visited one of the Brownhills sites when looking to spend 30k recently. Was apalled at the state of some of the vehicles they had for sale, some of them were absolutely filthy. I summised that if this was the level of service before a sale was made what would it be like afterwards. Walked out and spent my money with one of their competitors.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I know at Newark they have a trade in area where the recent vans are stood before preparation, and after being cleaned and whatever they do to them , move into another area. Dont forget to be fair a lot of peeps tramp through the motorhomes sometimes with children ( I`ve seen the little darlings trampolining on the seats)
they are always cleaned before collection. I am nothing to do with the company but you have to look at both perspectives :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
The 'fools' rang again this morning:Doh: I didn't pick up the call:winky:

...maybe they wanted to apologise...

...maybe they wanted to say that they'll lift the e-mail block...

or

....maybe they just wanted to sell me a motorhome...

...perhaps it's the one without warranty support unless you have the hab and cab service with them...

Toooooooooooooo Late........... spent me money:ROFLMAO:
(with a reliable dealer with a good reputation)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The 'fools' rang again this morning:Doh: I didn't pick up the call:winky:

They've really got to you haven't they !

They don't give a toss about you, let it go, enjoy your new MH instead.

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Good advice Brian ....just one last pop and I'll let it go.... until the next time:ROFLMAO:

(yes, they really have p'd me off :Angry: .... I used to sing their praises but this 'new' lot are beyond the pale :Doh:)

Update:
spoke to one of their sales people and mentioned MotorHomeFUN....

"It's not a read I want to get into"

now, I wonder why?

................off to get a life:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(and I thought my analogies were off the wall:ROFLMAO:)

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Long may Brownhills continue....... The more customers they p$ss off the more work they generate for me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Thank you xgx for this tale of woe i like you will in future vote with my wallet after seeing how badly you have been treated.I applaud anyone who saves me the hassle and expense of poor service by so called professionals.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thank you xgx for this tale of woe i like you will in future vote with my wallet after seeing how badly you have been treated.

You must be new to forums, Brownhills have been slated for as long as I've been on them, which is two years. With good luck we bought first and then looked on the forums to get up to speed, the good luck was that there was no Brownhills nearby.

We bought from Barons/Discover, were delighted with their service yet one of the first messages on a forum was "Can you cancell, they are a bunch of crooks". So it does pay to listen and learn but check out the facts personally.

Luck comes into it a lot. We never had any problems to test Discover, I guess anyone in a similar situation with Brownhills would be as pleased as we were. You find out the good guys when it goes pear shaped, as it does all too often with the poor QA of some makers who regard their dealers as the final check area and their customers as their final QA staff.

H

hodgy67

Deleted User
we are glad to be away from them:thumb:
i wish my farther would have seen this tread before he parted with his 38k ,leaking roof ,electrics in the dash effected and rust on the engine,they took it in for the work doing it was returned with personnel affects missing and the fix , a piece of plastic taped to the roof ,7 months down the line they say the part has eventual arrive (it is the wrong part) but seeing as he has not had the service done before it is returned for the sun roof being fixed the warranty is no longer valid , what a set of tw..s i hope the stinking place goes down the pan ,i just hope they are ready for my self and my brother as we are paying them a visit next weekend ,lets see if they fob us of with a cup of tea and a few biscuits ,i can predict it will hit the fan

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i just hope they are ready for my self and my brother as we are paying them a visit next weekend ,lets see if they fob us of with a cup of tea and a few biscuits ,i can predict it will hit the fan

They may be stinking tw*ts but keep your calm so that you do not end up in the wrong. It may end up in court and you NEED to make them look the stinking tw*ts and not YOU hooligans.

Be polite be calm be nice but firm, it may be a long battle. Visibly takes notes ( because you often forget things, play the dumb female a bit, get them off their guard ). Do not let them put you in the wrong.

Have you asked the local council for help ?

They may be legally in the right, in which case you have to go for the moral case and that means you have to be squeaky clean.

Good luck. We are ALL behind you.

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Send in the bailiffs

It has been my experience that Small Claims Court - also available on-line now - works VERY well.

I have enjoyed success on three occasions with rogue businesses.

Always worthwhile as long as they have assets that the bailiffs can take.

Mostly these people ignore the County Court papers so the case is judged in your favour. Give them a month to pay and send in the bailiffs. NOT very costly and cheque will arrive promptly.

BW

H

hodgy67

Deleted User
They may be stinking tw*ts but keep your calm so that you do not end up in the wrong. It may end up in court and you NEED to make them look the stinking tw*ts and not YOU hooligans.

Be polite be calm be nice but firm, it may be a long battle. Visibly takes notes ( because you often forget things, play the dumb female a bit, get them off their guard ). Do not let them put you in the wrong.

Have you asked the local council for help ?

They may be legally in the right, in which case you have to go for the moral case and that means you have to be squeaky clean.

Good luck. We are ALL behind you.

My father contacted Trading Standards and they advised him to write a letter giving the company 14 days and if they had not replied within that time they could take Court action. There response was that his warranty was now void but they were willing to repair the van for a fee. You would think that after spending £38k they would bend over backwards to help but it is my father who has been bent over! I have never come across a company with such poor customer service. I hope that anyone reading this forum and considering buying from this company will go somewhere else. The sad thing is my father is unable to use the van since he retired due to the poor condition.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There response was that his warranty was now void but they were willing to repair the van for a fee.

Oh dear.

I assume that they are right - technically.

You've got problems. Once you start with lawyers you move into another galaxy in money terms. £38K, absolutely peanuts. So don't go there.

So *exactly* what is wrong now. How much do you think that you have to spend to make it a runner ? Do you get it done then try the small claims court ?

I'm out of ideas now, anyone else throw in a few ?????

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Brownhills - waste of space!

Just ask my mum and dad about them! They bought a brand new MH from them at the Oct show, they kept delaying the pick up, finally they got it and then the branch went bust!!!

Last week, they went to another branch to have something looked at, they kept them there all day messing about - all they wanted was the fridge taken out and checked, they finally did this by 6pm but my dad had to keep nagging them.

They went to the cafe on site (out of desperation!) and apart from the fact that the food was crap and over priced, the womeen behind the counter was a rude cow too! The atitude of ALL the staff was crap to be honest.

We had a long discussion and decided that most of the UK companies in MH/Caravans are pretty apauling actually:the sales people are usually too young,have little or no knowledge re MH/caravans most certainly do not own them. They have no customer service skills, are often rude, have little personality or interest in what they are doing and are disorganised .....

Went into a shop today and have been there before, wont mention the name as some one from the shop is a regular on here! There was NO customer service, ALL of the staff were miserable, had the personalites of an old wet sock and very little knowledge about anything, luckily I had done my reesearch on the net, else they would not have made a sale today!!! The assistand I got was older but reminded me of Lurch, to include personality.

Sorry to mutter on but it sadens me, that one of the few industries we have left in the UK is mostly run by a bunch of rude, inefficient morons!:Angry: Cottege industries my dad says :Blush:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
large gun needed!

Yes, if you'd been cured of syphilis you'd put it behind you and make sure didn't catch it again.

No, you would find the person who gave it to you and blast their brains out! No where did I put that gun ...... look out Brownhills ...:ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We had a long discussion and decided that most of the UK companies in MH/Caravans are pretty apauling actually:the sales people are usually too young,have little or no knowledge re MH/caravans most certainly do not own them. They have no customer service skills, are often rude, have little personality or interest in what they are doing and are disorganised .....
:Blush:

Try visiting my dealership then, you might have a pleasant surprise, Andy, one of our salesman has owned a MH for years and he actually lives in his. Lawrence and Mark have had holidays in ours.

Every member of staff can borrow a MH and use it for a holiday and get to experience what using a MH is all about and most of them have and still do.

All our staff know their product, accessories, sales and workshop, and take a pride in giving advice, if they do not know the answer they will ask some one who does.

Give us a try!:thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Peter ......Did you forget to mention that John's Cross will also look after Swift owners' warranty issues?

and the hab check offer.....:winky:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Good choice but motivation needed

Try visiting my dealership then, you might have a pleasant surprise, Andy, one of our salesman has owned a MH for years and he actually lives in his. Lawrence and Mark have had holidays in ours.

Every member of staff can borrow a MH and use it for a holiday and get to experience what using a MH is all about and most of them have and still do.

All our staff know their product, accessories, sales and workshop, and take a pride in giving advice, if they do not know the answer they will ask some one who does.

Peter

Yes my dad and I are regular visitors to your shop - big selection (not the cheapest though), nice Website too. Good selection of 2nd hand vans but staff could do with cheering up - perhaps you could take them all for a nice pub lunch on a Sunday when they finish; I think they must do that at the Hawkhurst shop - competition is healthy, right? ::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I know at Newark they have a trade in area where the recent vans are stood before preparation, and after being cleaned and whatever they do to them , move into another area. Dont forget to be fair a lot of peeps tramp through the motorhomes sometimes with children ( I`ve seen the little darlings trampolining on the seats)
they are always cleaned before collection. I am nothing to do with the company but you have to look at both perspectives :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not always cleaned. Might lay the new carpets on a dirty floor. Jane

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Peter

I am sure that at John Cross staff can only borrow MHs still for sale, but at Newark they might just borrow them anyway. Would explain the extra 476 miles on the clock post agreement and deposit. Those that jump in and say but they might have had to return it from a show / take it away for work. No and no. Jane

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
i wish my farther would have seen this tread before he parted with his 38k ,leaking roof ,electrics in the dash effected and rust on the engine,they took it in for the work doing it was returned with personnel affects missing and the fix , a piece of plastic taped to the roof ,7 months down the line they say the part has eventual arrive (it is the wrong part) but seeing as he has not had the service done before it is returned for the sun roof being fixed the warranty is no longer valid , what a set of tw..s i hope the stinking place goes down the pan ,i just hope they are ready for my self and my brother as we are paying them a visit next weekend ,lets see if they fob us of with a cup of tea and a few biscuits ,i can predict it will hit the fan

If a personal effect can be classed as something that was on the van when you agree to purchase and after paying your deposit then yes, ditto regarding the dedicated towing eye as fitted by the manufacturer. I will allow for human error on the other point (CD player). So overall they my vote on three counts
XXX
Jane​

B

bernie69

Deleted User
At least you made me have a real laugh

Yes, if you'd been cured of syphilis you'd put it behind you and make sure didn't catch it again.

I hope this is not copyright as it is the funniest read I have had for a long time and I will use this line to my friends who are buying motorhomes

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am sure that at John Cross staff can only borrow MHs still for sale, but at Newark they might just borrow them anyway. Would explain the extra 476 miles on the clock post agreement and deposit. Those that jump in and say but they might have had to return it from a show / take it away for work. No and no. Jane

Incorrect, they are only allowed to use the rental vans, I would not permit a sales van to be used.

Peter

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes my dad and I are regular visitors to your shop - big selection (not the cheapest though), nice Website too. Good selection of 2nd hand vans but staff could do with cheering up - perhaps you could take them all for a nice pub lunch on a Sunday when they finish; I think they must do that at the Hawkhurst shop - competition is healthy, right? ::bigsmile:

Cheapest and excellent service rarely go hand in hand!

jean and robert

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
West yorkshire/France
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
27 years
Hi,
Sure this won't be popular but we have purchased 6 motorhomes form Brownhills over the years and always found them fine to deal with, our most recent a Swift Escape in May which we are now enjoying in France. They always give us the best deals and we find Alison and her team in service fine to deal with. We have however, seen people shouting and screaming at the girls in service, so are not surprised they get little satisfaction. Our advice, be positive, if need be stay overnight (bet John Cross does not provide overnight facilities!) and you will get things sorted. We have encounterd much worse service at other dealers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back