lake maggiore Italy (1 Viewer)

skippy

Free Member
Mar 31, 2009
Spain among other places
Funster No
Exp
Just started out April 2009
Going to Lake maggiore in August anyone recomend a good campsite are there any Aires around this area.
Many thanks Skippy:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Going to Lake maggiore in August anyone recomend a good campsite are there any Aires around this area.
Many thanks Skippy:Cool:

A magic little town is Cannero Riviera. Loads of tiny back alleys to explore. Find the waterfall. Campsite right on the lake.

Watch out for narrow roads with overhung rock faces.

bushman51

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Mainly France
Funster No
Exp
30+
Going to Lake maggiore in August ...are there any Aires around this area...
And a little further up the lake from Cannero Riviera: Lovely and quiet aire at Cannobio (just about 4 km before entering Switzerland), it costs a few bucks, water is available. Follow the river.

Locarno and Tenero, both cities/villages offer several nice, well equiped but expensive camp sites. Only an aire in Locarno available, although primitive and still expensive. Locarno is a must, it's in the Ticino, the Swiss Florida, no doubt that you'll like it. If in Tenero, take the train to Locarno. Several excursions from Tenero and Locarno (e.g. Valle Maggia and Valle Verzasca - pure beauty!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
well equiped but expensive camp sites.

I surely don't have to convice you, expensive does not matter when it comes to Italian lakes. The rewards are just so great.

I like the English Lakes but the Italian lakes are so far above them there is no comparison.

I've dumped a few pics here

Link Removed

Please excuse the jumble, as folk mention a place I just dump some pics.

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Can also recommend Cannobio one of the more memorable places we have visited, two good campsites very close to town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back