Alternative use for a motorhome (1 Viewer)

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Ours is being used today as an ice-cream van at the village school gala :RollEyes:

What other unusual things have you used yours for:Blush:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
In europe some are used as mobile 'knocking shops'. I DO NOT SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE just in case anyone suspected:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Ive thought about getting a camper kitted out as a mobile therapy room, so i can go mobile doing massage and reflexology :thumb:

The other day i pulled away from my friends house and noticed a big lad and a small boy waiting at the kerb side and the little lad pulled a sad face, bless him, and the big lad looked kind of embarassed, i think my camper engine sounds like an ice cream van :ROFLMAO:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
It's great for sewing.
No one to nag you about pins sticking in their feet and threads everywhere.
Own loo,cup of coffee, warm fire. Plug in the machine, cut out material in the u shaped lounge- what more could a sewer want! Plus you can hide away for hours!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Lucille

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ours is being used today as an ice-cream van at the village school gala :RollEyes::Blush:

hope you informed your insurance Company you are using it for business!

Ive thought about getting a camper kitted out as a mobile therapy room, so i can go mobile doing massage and reflexology :thumb:

hope you're going to inform your insurance company!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It's great for sewing.
No one to nag you about pins sticking in their feet and threads everywhere.
Own loo,cup of coffee, warm fire. Plug in the machine, cut out material in the u shaped lounge- what more could a sewer want! Plus you can hide away for hours!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Lucille

a SEWER lucille,

i think you mean a SEAMSTRESS.

seamstress = sewing

sewer = shi**ing

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (we know what you meant):thumb:

Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
i wonder how much my insurance would go up using the vehicle as a therapy room!

also if you have to insure to trade out of a vehicle, what about car boot sales:roflmto:

J

johnboyflash

Deleted User
We use ours as a mobile office and it’s an absolute gem! For years I used to travel around and stay in hotels etc and put up with uncomfortable beds, most menus make you fat just looking at them, finding hotels at a reasonable price can be hard.

Now I sort out my week and we have never had it as comfortable (we have air-conditioning so none of the hotel sweat boxes!) or so convenient (I can either get to where I am going exactly or within a mile or so and use a taxi) our kept my eating under control (my wife comes with me and cooks).

When I work out the costs it is much cheaper to boot as using hotels used to average with all meals around £110 per night. Now even if I can’t find a site and use motorway service stations I rarely pay more than £10 a night! :thumb:

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Ours was used as the bride's dressing room at a pagan Handfasting ceremony at Avebury.
It has been used as a spare bedroom, somewhere to hide the kids Christmas pressies, and a tea room when out picnicing with friends and family :Smile:

Tina

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
later this year I'll be using mine as a mobile reptile room, when I deliver my leapard gecko hatchlings to buyers around the uk.....

beat that

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
If you're using it for any kind of business check your insurance and double check with your insurer
e.g. Caravan Club do not/will not insure for business use.

Might be worth checking the MOT implications if it's used for business.... does it make it a 'commercial vehicle'... annual tests:whatthe:

also worth checking what may be carried in a motorhome before it ceases to be classified as a m/h in the eyes of the law

life's never that simple:winky:

(one could always 'take a chance' but the costs and legal penalties make it a very unwise proposition)

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Where abouts in Europe please?? :Eeek:

A couple of weeks ago we pulled off the road for a brew just south east of Le Mans, into a little clearing in a wood where there were a few other vans. I was interested to note that the front seats of all the others were occupied by young ladies in very interesting attire who were entertaining passing motorists.

We decided to pass up the opportunity of earning a few quid and hightailed it to a layby a few km down the road where we were hassled by a couple of blokes in an old Peugeot driving up and down the road, u-turning and peering in the van, either to see if there was a dogging opportunity, or possibly concerned about demarcation upsetting the workforce.

We noticed a similar setup on the road from Narbonne to Perpignan.

Enterprising or what? I've a good mind to go on Dragon's Den with it......

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Enterprising or what? I've a good mind to go on Dragon's Den with it......

A bit late to promote the world's oldest profession.

We noticed more roadside take-aways this year than ever before. Most of the girls eye-poppingly gorgeous, I'm sure they could have earned a living in other ways. What occurred to me was what do the minders do. Offer tissues or a whack on the head and your wallet gone ?

Waaaay to risky and that's just from my wife.

This was seen from Spain up through France.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
May learn some new uses for mayonaisse and creme chantilly!!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back