Reich mixer tap leaking (1 Viewer)

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
We have a Reich Twist Single Lever mixer tap on our kitchen sink and it has just started to leak water down the micro switch cable. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Can I remove and disassemble the tap to try and see whether repair is possible?
Our water system is pressurised so I imagine the micro switch serves no purpose.
Thanks, in advance, for any help. :)

Our kitchen tap.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With your intstallation you may need to take the tap out to get at the grub screws, one holds the spout on and there will be one that allows the top of the tap to be taken off to replace the micro switch. They are socket head screw so you will need the correct size allan key. You may be lucky and it will just need the O ring replacing, if it's been frozen could be cracked and will need a new tap.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i had three of those in four years gave up and drilled a domestic tap through the work top adjacent most caravan taps seem to be tat
ps you can get a stainless stopper to fill the hole in the sink

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Looks very similar to the one i had to replace in my van, spout swivels up and down and whole unit swivels.
replaced hose tails into unit but found it was leaking from inside unit, after a lot of messing about unable to find the leak but think the casing was cracked, tried to source a replacement tap but was unable to find one that swiveled side to side so got one that was very similar and just left the large fixing nut slightly loose.

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
With your intstallation you may need to take the tap out to get at the grub screws, one holds the spout on and there will be one that allows the top of the tap to be taken off to replace the micro switch. They are socket head screw so you will need the correct size allan key. You may be lucky and it will just need the O ring replacing, if it's been frozen could be cracked and will need a new tap.
Thanks for that, we are safe from the freezing aspect as we full time inthe van, so will be looking to see if I can find any grub screws. Thanks again(y)

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
With your intstallation you may need to take the tap out to get at the grub screws, one holds the spout on and there will be one that allows the top of the tap to be taken off tdisassembleplace the micro switch. They are socket head screw so you will need the correct size allan key. You may be lucky and it will just need the O ring replacing, if it's been frozen could be cracked and will need a new tap.
Our tap handle is held on by a screw located under the blue/red cover on the top of the tap. With that removed I found that I need a Torx TX6 driver to proceed. I'll post another update when I have bought one and have continued disassembling the tap.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
We had a leak in our hymer tap( not identical to yours) it turned out to be the clear silicone tube that is inside the tap had split. Once I dismantled the tap it was an easy fix with a new piece of tube.

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Having now dismantled the tap, I found that 2 of the 4 plastic pillars that hold the cassette in place had broken. These are the pillars to which the Torx TX6 screws are attached (in our case they were TX5). Epoxy glue hopefully will hold it all together. The attached file, extracted from an Owners Handbook found on the internet, was a great help and maybe useful to others.

Attachments

• Tap maintenance various.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 225

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back