AA Insurance scam .. A warning ! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We used to have both the cars and the motorhome insured with the AA, but a while ago I change the car and suddenly the 'AA Team' could not get a quote on the new car so would have to cancel the policy and refund me .. As you can imagine I actually got a fraction of the money paid out returned to me even though there was 10 months left on the policy !

Then they did it again to my wife

And yesterday they did it again on the new motorhome..

Every time they give me a few pounds back and THEN ask if they can quote me on the new vehicle !!!

This is obviously a nice little earner for them as brokers

I would urge anyone currently with the AA to think carefully before renewing if they are contemplating changing their car or whatever !! :Angry:

Sooooo, I have a very very expensive motorhome sitting on the drive with third party only cover ( they very kindly agreed to cover it third party for a while :Eeek: ) ..
Anyone got any companies I should try ( given that I am pretty much tapped out now ! :cry: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We used to have both the cars and the motorhome insured with the AA, but a while ago I change the car and suddenly the 'AA Team' could not get a quote on the new car so would have to cancel the policy and refund me .. As you can imagine I actually got a fraction of the money paid out returned to me even though there was 10 months left on the policy !

Then they did it again to my wife

And yesterday they did it again on the new motorhome..

Every time they give me a few pounds back and THEN ask if they can quote me on the new vehicle !!!

This is obviously a nice little earner for them as brokers

I would urge anyone currently with the AA to think carefully before renewing if they are contemplating changing their car or whatever !! :Angry:

Sooooo, I have a very very expensive motorhome sitting on the drive with third party only cover ( they very kindly agreed to cover it third party for a while :Eeek: ) ..
Anyone got any companies I should try ( given that I am pretty much tapped out now ! :cry: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

for motorhomes i have found comfort insurance
Motorhome Insurance, Motor Caravan Insurance | Car, Home & Travel Insurance| Comfort Insurance
to be very good i dont know how competitive they are for cars but they have won lots of awards for service and are my choice. When i changed my motorhome i paid under 16 pounds to swap the policy as an admin charge which i thought was reasonable
hope i have not broken any forum rules by this post:Eeek:

Last edited:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hi Jawz.. i got hit for bennets renewing a bike policy and me being lazy.. 4 days in I cancelled.. %30 of the year gone :O

as an aside,

blackfriars are ok for me, 2 cars, 1 rv - all together..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Comfort won't touch a LHD MH unless it was imported via a UK dealer, and had all the UK safety modifications done!!! WHAT???

Needless to say, I stuck with RHS through Equity Red Star.

Jock.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've been with Saga since we bought the van 3 years ago. Switched the car to Saga as well as we found them to be competitive.

Had to ask for the loyal customer discount this year though so we might move on next year.

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Give NFU a call 01507600249

been with then for four years , had a claim two years ago and they handled it without pain ..
and you get to talk to an English speaking human without a dozen menus to navigate ..

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Why I won't use the AA

My wife's car was insured with the AA when we moved home in 2001. I wrote to them to advise of the change of address, still in the same postcode and about 3 miles from our old home. They put the premium up by around 20% stating it was due to the new postcode being a higher insurance area.

When I pointed out that I was in the same post code they stuttered for a moment and then claimed it was because the property itself were the car was now parked over night was a higher risk.

When I pointed out that my old house had no driveway or garage and the car was left on the road whereas my new house had both a driveway and brick built, alarmed garage behind locked 6ft gates (in which the car was kept overnight) they spluttered again and said it was the underwriters who had put the price up and they had no control over it.

When I asked to speak to the underwriters directly they would not let me. So, I tracked down the underwriters, gave them a call and asked them why they had put my wife's premium up. They replied "We haven't!". The cost increase was entirely down to the AA screwing me for an extra £40.

And that is why I won't use AA insurance. All my vehicles are insured with NFU Mutual, they are cost competitive (not always the cheapest, but close) their policies are very good and the customer service is always excellent.

TJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back