Motorhome Parking web site revision (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When I made the major alterations to the web site just over 2 years ago I also grouped references to local authority web sites in England by region rather than county. I've since added pages for private parking areas (tourist attractions and the like) which are broken down by region.

It has started to become a bit unwieldy for updating and (in my view anyway) for navigation.

This past week I have checked all the external links and updated them where necessary and I have now reverted to the county structure for LA web sites. The private parking area pages are still structured by region but I intend moving the entries onto the county pages in the next week so that they are grouped with the local council areas where they are located.

In checking the external links I have come across some extra tourist attractions which I had never thought of. Those are now added but if anyone can think of any more that I can link to please let me know and I'll get in touch with the owners to check up on motorhome parking availability.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Em....... your going blind. Bottom of his post. :LOL:

They do say that's what IT does to you.:rolleyes:

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
That looks like you put a lot of work getting the content together @GJH.. (y)

I am surprised though that you don't have a database back end to make searches and updates easier?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That looks like you put a lot of work getting the content together @GJH.. (y)

I am surprised though that you don't have a database back end to make searches and updates easier?
Read the history Karl. Sick and tired of plagiarism.
Also, the referencing system used now means that updates are in the hands of the data owners, meaning less need for detailed checks.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The entries for individual tourist attractions, theme parks and shopping centres/outlets have now been distributed to the appropriate county pages at http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/.

Once again,if anyone can think of any more that I can link to please let me know and I'll get in touch with the owners to check up on motorhome parking availability.

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
Derbyshire Dales say this
Overnight parking
Overnight parking is allowed on most of our car parks, but camping is prohibited.

Your motorhome may be left overnight, but only if unattended. Sleeping within the vehicle is not allowed. Cooking anywhere within the vehicle or car park grounds is also not allowed.

Begs the question "what is the ruddy point!?"

This is typical of DDDC who are stupid to say the least.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Derbyshire Dales say this
Overnight parking
Overnight parking is allowed on most of our car parks, but camping is prohibited.

Your motorhome may be left overnight, but only if unattended. Sleeping within the vehicle is not allowed. Cooking anywhere within the vehicle or car park grounds is also not allowed.

Begs the question "what is the ruddy point!?"

This is typical of DDDC who are stupid to say the least.
The "ruddy point" is that it's a Car Park, intended for parking not camping, and would need further planning permission to be used for camping. If such regulations were not in place in a popular tourist area like Derbyshire Dales (one where, unlike many others, there are actually caravan sites close enough to facilities to be usable by motorhomers) then the car parks would soon become overrun with people camping to the detriment of other visitors.

The regulation (which is common to most car parks in the UK, not just in Derbyshire Dales) applies to all vehicles not just motorhomes. The wording used on the DDDC web site is simply to make it clear to people what is and is not allowed - better that than anything misleading or nothing at all.

It is totally inaccurate to say that DDDC "are stupid to say the least".

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Graham @GJH I am in awe of your site which is so very useful and informative.

Thank you for all the work you do on our behalf.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back