Nearly there !!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ok people, i have been on here for a few weeks now and thanks for putting up with a bloke who hasnt even got a mh yet,but hopefully its all about to change! This week coming i am to get my exchange and completion date on the house,and this will be within the next ten days (they want to be in by december) so fingers crossed........I will be looking for a mh immediately,in fact i am looking now but i would only be able to pay a deposit as funds wont be available till completion! I am looking for a 4 berth as this will be my main residence (in spain) over the winter. I would like a fixed bed,with a storage(small garage i think there called) for some tools etc. I passed my test late 70s so driveable weight shouldnt be a problem..I have been looking on ebay and have seen some nice ones but most i see are being sold by motorhomedepot,these as i have been told are in administration and im a bit hesitant to go thru this company,they may well be great but im just a bit apprehensive ! I think i would prefer to buy privately but im still open to that,,the main thing i have to consider is price,i only have a budget up to approx £16,000 but may be able to stretch a bit more for the right mh...I have read on the site about the usual things to watch out for,damp,etc, but a big thing for me is being able to trust the seller ! I think i would get a better deal privately this close to christmas,with the cash etc but any help and advice is needed,and if anyone knows of a mh that would be a good deal for me,i would love to hear from you .... and thanks for bearing with me when i have posted,i wont feel so much of a fraud when i have bought and have a mh of my own.........ian....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm not sure how buying through motorhome depot works but I believe they are a broker so acting as a go between for the seller and buyer, OK it not exactly a private sale but it might be worth asking them if the owners shows you around it or if it always their agent, I like to meet the previous owner and get a bit of personal history on the vehicle.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would stay clear of UK built vans. Look at genuine private sales. Once you find something you like get it checked out properly. Better to waste a little money before purchasing....then end up with a you know what:)

Good luck with house sale...so stressful:censored:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
yes its been a nightmare mate,,i have never sold a house before,never again......i hope buying and selling a mh is less drama ! lol

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just be aware of scams. I would wonder what the opinion of members is on this..to good to be true? Price seems low but scams always are.

Broken Link Removed

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
I'm not sure how buying through motorhome depot works but I believe they are a broker so acting as a go between for the seller and buyer, OK it not exactly a private sale but it might be worth asking them if the owners shows you around it or if it always their agent, I like to meet the previous owner and get a bit of personal history on the vehicle.

Martin

Brokers still hold deposits and monies until the deal is complete, supposedly in an untouchable client account, but it has been known in the boating world for brokers to put client monies into their business account if they're struggling, and the client can lose that money if the business curls up its toes at the wrong time.

I haven't heard anything about this particular broker and wouldn't want to suggest anything, but if the OP isn't sure of them he would be well advised to avoid, and if he is completely new and the van will be his home, he may also be well advised to use a reputable dealer for the after sales support [edit] or, yes, as @Judgemental says above, spend on an independent report [/edit]

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Just be aware of scams. I would wonder what the opinion of members is on this..to good to be true? Price seems low but scams always are.

Broken Link Removed

I think that definitely falls into the "if it's too good to be true it probably is" category - 2007 version with 30000 miles... for five grand. And "give me your details and I'll contact you".

screen shot as I suspect the ad won't be there forever
upload_2015-11-21_9-17-32.png

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

Broken Link Removed
i have just been looking at that one judge,,i havnt contacted the seller but it just seems too good,,no write up,details etc,,the price is prob a deposit !! lol

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
yes i think everyone is right,too good to be true ! In fact i am on ebay as we speak and to be honest theres lots of too good to be true mh for sale,,all around £5000, it pisses me off to be honest,,i mean im looking to get the best deal i can but these ads surely are looking for mugs??? who can you trust??

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
you have to trust your own skepticism....its a weird one that Adria as he seems to be a trader selling all sorts of vehicles (looking at his other items). unless its a real elaborate scam which it well could be. get you to think you have discovered a gem at give way price among the trash....for instance all the photos seem to be in different locations.

email him and see what he says....:)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
If you look at the 'other items' they are selling, it looks like they are a dealer of motor vehicles but if you open each individual item they are all in different locations in the UK. Perhaps they are an agent like Motorhome depot? or perhaps not!!

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
If you look at his feedback he has only sold 1 item all oter feedback is for purchases, so if a dealer or agent they have not sold any vehicle on ebay as far as I can see

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I have emailed,,asking for details etc,and where it can be seen,,so we will just have to wait ! Garjanco,,that is a smashing offer and a cool thing to do for someone,i appreciate it ,,,watch this space,,,ian

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
i have actually realised that since i have been on the site, and to be honest the help is much appreciated,in fact the offer is much appreciated,,i have had a lot going on for the last year( not all good) and i have done much alone..you wouldnt believe what an offer like that feels like at the moment! Thanks gary,janet. ( Ps i never expect anything for nothing and any help from anybody will be repaid in one way or another...)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If you look at the 'other items' they are selling, it looks like they are a dealer of motor vehicles but if you open each individual item they are all in different locations in the UK. Perhaps they are an agent like Motorhome depot? or perhaps not!!

well spotted so an elaborate scam I suspect...See how easy it is to draw people in though folks:censored:

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
but you never know

Really? That's a thirty grand Motorhome, why on earth would anyone sell it for five? even at twenty it would be a steal and the real dealers would be all over it.

Also there is no option actually to purchase it via eBay, if nothing else says scam then that does.

look here's another one

upload_2015-11-21_11-37-9.png

£5500 for a 2005 Mercedes Hymer? Surely instinct says not, and again no "buy it" button, they will want to deal outside of eBay

By contrast, here's a VERY nice looking van, a little pricey perhaps, but at least looks like an honest attempt at a good price and not a "bargain" to lure the unwary, and it has a "make offer" button showing

upload_2015-11-21_11-39-56.png

linky: Broken Link Removed

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sorry Ian, scam, scam, scam. Way too cheap, look at the other stuff he's got, they are way way underpriced.
If you find something 'real' make sure you view it at the address on the log book, HPI check (less than a tenner), don't part with a penny till you have seen it/checked it out.
If you find one and talk to the seller and it's miles away give a shout out on here and as @garjanco says I'm sure a local member would check it out for you, I know I would.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Yes i looked at the hymer above as well,,it looks and sounds ideal,,but it is with the agent motorhome depot,,and i was reading on here last week that they were in administration and it just worries me a bit ! I wish the owners would put it on themselves,,they would get more from me and i wouldnt have to pay agents commission ! lolol

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I did a search on '2oo5' ( note the zeros are actually o's and not 0's )
Found a few.. ALL obvious scams and all duly reported

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
At the moment they are pretty easy to spot cos of the prices they set.. If the scammers ever get more than 3 brain cells to work we could be in trouble !

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Ian where in Norfolk are you ? I am currently in Australia but will be back next week if you want any help looking over any vans I would be happy to assist.We
live just north of Norwich.Pm me I will be on the internet occasionally over next couple of days, then travelling back....-Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Broken Link Removed
Eura Mobil A 770 HB Alcove. 81 000 km
€ 28,800

above an advert on dealers site in belgium where I bought my Euramobil.

I would think you could get it for £20K'ish

more details and photos

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Yes i looked at the hymer above as well,,it looks and sounds ideal,,but it is with the agent motorhome depot,,and i was reading on here last week that they were in administration and it just worries me a bit ! I wish the owners would put it on themselves,,they would get more from me and i wouldnt have to pay agents commission ! lolol

It won't do any harm to contact the broker and go and view the van - at worst you would then know the owner and location (I don't think MoHo Depot store the vans on their site like yacht brokers because their ads are caveated with "the van is still in use so the mileage may change")

The only worry would be handing over your cash to a business in administation, but it isn't impossible, in fact you would have the support of the administrators who are likely to be a big company.

I would at least go and view the vans and cross any other bridges when you get to them if you wanted to purhase

yes jaws,there seems to be a lot,,and sometimes you can suss it out with writeup,spelling etc,,,,its really fraustrating though !

Tee-hee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back