DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We visited Tenby today, my wife says we have been before but it was some thirty years ago and all memories of the place have vanished from my pickled brain.

In the Welsh language it is known as Dinbych-y-pysgod, meaning little town of the fishes or little fortress of the fish and it is a pretty little place. Tenby that is, not my brain, though the term "little" might be apt given my inability to remember ever being here before.

OI000018.jpg

You can see the two lifeboat stations on the left. The old one is no longer in service but it is a great design.

OI000028.jpg

The new lifeboat station is of a much more modern and subdued design.

OI000029~2.jpg

You can just about see the lifeboat inside. Close up it looks like this.

OI000027.jpg

The above picture was taken with my new wide angle zoom lens at the equivalent focal length of 18mm for a 35mm camera. There is distortion but a quick fiddle with it in Adobe Light Room when I get home next week should be able to improve things. :)

It is (or at least was) a cultured place.

OI000019~2.jpg

But they are having a laugh here! Summertime indeed, note rainspot on lens on the left. :)

OI000022.jpg

But despite our experiences of the weather Tenby is a nice place with a big carpark behind the north beach with no hight barriers and free at this time of year. A big contrast with Haverfordwest which we tried to visit in the afternoon. It had masses of traffic and following the signs for the largest carpark took us to one with a hight restriction, we looked at another but there was no room for us so Haverfordwest missed out on a visit from us and will be consigned to MHF obscurity as a result!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We were in Tenby during that spell of fine weather in October. It is indeed a pleasant place to visit. Afterwards we went to Freshwater West beach but you probably wouldn't want to go in November.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
That's a cracking camra love it John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Olympus OMD 10. It is indeed a good camera, only problem is the idiot behind the lens!

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I think the old lifeboat station was converted into a house and featured on "Grand Designs" a couple of years ago. Mega bucks spent!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You didn't miss much in Haverfordwest I can assure you.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Happy memories as we had our honeymoon in Saundersfoot just round the bay from Tenby! And happy camping trips with our girls when they were young! Thanks for the photos may go back with the MH such luxury compared!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Happy memories as we had our honeymoon in Saundersfoot just round the bay from Tenby! And happy camping trips with our girls when they were young! Thanks for the photos may go back with the MH such luxury compared!

We got married in Saundersfoot at the St Brides Hotel overlooking the bay.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back