Possible aid to deter rodent damage (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Saw this and thought it might be of interest as it's that time of year again.
I realise it's not a total prevention solution but an additional item for your arsenal.
http://www.motoelectrical.co.uk/typ...20m-1200450/?gclid=CJ3L2--Nn8kCFSMIwwodbdYIVQ

ÂŁ15:90

Rodent Proof Electrical Insulation Tape
An easy to use, effictive solution for proctection of cables, wires, plumbing pipes, gas pipes & ducts against rodent damage!

Teraokatape is embedded with capsules containing Capsaicin which are extremely disliked by rats and mice. Simply wrap the tape around wire and pipes for a long-term deterrent to rodents.

Uses: Protection of Cables, wires, plastics, washing machine pipes, plumbing pipes & gas pipes. The tape can be applied around surfaces, wires and pipes where Rodent damage may occur.

Shelf Life: Up to 30 years

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hmmmmm, interesting. Not seen that before, good find. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
On this note .. we use one of those electronic anti rodent things..
It works . On that we haven't had any probs since we started using it (and had mice once before)
It sets our alarm off though.
:(
So we have to deactivate it

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
But how do you manage to wrap it around the existing wiring in your MH?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But how do you manage to wrap it around the existing wiring in your MH?
My thoughts exactly.

All the wiring damage I experienced was out of sight within the body of the van.
This would mean major dismantling of furniture and cupboards etc just to gain access to tape wrap.
Most of mine was confined to a box section in the bathroom and around the heating furnace which meant complete removal of the furnace.
Not something I would do JUST IN CASE Mickey was feeling peckish.

MyDogsTooBig

Free Member
Nov 19, 2015
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Inbetween
Exp
Since 2010
If you can get the tape in, how about a cat? At least you don't have to do any crawling around. Humm, might do more damage than the rats.. Not sure.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
When I worked for Network Rail in an old signal box in Norfolk the maintenance lads used something like the OP has posted also containing Capsaicin around some of the wiring.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If the normal "blue" Rat and Mouse Poisen bait doesn't work.Some Rats and Mice are immune to the "blue"
Take a trip to the local Farm supply shop and ask/get the "red" one, Red is a bit stronger.

BUT! As with all poisen bait, use with care! and more importantly PLACE!!! with care!

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
We used to store caravans in our barn attached to the caravan site we owned in France.

There were lots of rats, mice and loires running around in the barn but they never did any damage to any of the vans we stored or my Land Rover or tractor.

I used to paint and spray neat Jeyes Fluid onto the wheels/tyres of the vans and never had the corner steadies down, I also painted it onto the underside of the vans close to any ventilation points but sprayed it off when I pulled the vans out of the barn when they were next pulled out.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I love these rodent damage threads, it reminds me of that film 'Mouse Hunt'!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back