should my new huawei e5573 be opened??? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Just bought a new Huawei 5573 off fleabay. The seal on the box was undone and the unit has definitely been used!! The seller claims they had to do this to 'unlock' the unit as they all come locked to a provider from the factory, is this true???

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours is locked to 3 So it may be true if it is now able to accept a local card?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yes it would be open to be able to unlock it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just bought a new Huawei 5573 off fleabay. The seal on the box was undone and the unit has definitely been used!! The seller claims they had to do this to 'unlock' the unit as they all come locked to a provider from the factory, is this true???
That's quite normal, I've sold them in the past and had to buy the code and do the unlocking myself but I always put this in my Ebay ad ... did the seller? Also did the seller tell you that the warranty from Huawei would be invalid once it was unlocked?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
By 'definitely been used' does it show signs of wear? Can you put a link to the actual item you've bought so we can have a shuftie and advise more specifically?

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The Huawei 5573 is almost exclusively a Three network device, it is a cut down version of the E5577 which is the device we stock with a LCD display. When we import Huawei devices, they send us the seals separate so we can apply them as we wish - they are not network locked. Network operators or phone shops usually do this when they insert SIM cards.

The difficulty is that if the device has been locked, its possibly been branded also. This means that it might not have all EU operator settings already included (you might need to manually specify the APN) or the web interface might be difficult to navigate. But - its cheaper than buying a factory unlocked one if you can be bothered with the hassle.

just for info, if you buy a Three mifi (after 1st January 2014) it will already be unlocked.

halfway down this link http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...cat=billing,varset_subcat=3772,Case=obj(4363)

It won't already be unlocked if it's a MiFi device, but you can request a free unlocking code on the same link.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
just for info, if you buy a Three mifi (after 1st January 2014) it will already be unlocked.

halfway down this link http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...cat=billing,varset_subcat=3772,Case=obj(4363)
It won't already be unlocked if it's a MiFi device, but you can request a free unlocking code on the same link.

Is that definitely the case as it says it will be here if you by it direct from 3:

upload_2015-11-18_16-19-20.png

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Is that definitely the case as it says it will be here if you by it direct from 3:

View attachment 83397

Yes Mel, because if you look at the image you've posed:

mobilebb.png

However if we're talking about the reason it has been opened, the other explanation is to remove the 1GB/30 day SIM to sell separate.

We don't buy locked devices, so I am speculating to the best of my knowledge :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes Mel, because if you look at the image you've posed:

View attachment 83399
I think that bit you ringed, Addie, applies only to devices bought before January 2014. We bought our Huawei E5372 direct from Three towards the back end of 2014 (can't remember exactly but they had an offer on) and it was already unlocked. I asked the sales girl before we bought it and checked with a non-3 SIM as soon as we got home and charged it :)

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think that bit you ringed, Addie, applies only to devices bought before January 2014. We bought our Huawei E5372 direct from Three towards the back end of 2014 (can't remember exactly but they had an offer on) and it was already unlocked. I asked the sales girl before we bought it and checked with a non-3 SIM as soon as we got home and charged it :)

I know our wholesale supplier states that all Three devices are locked, so I guess the key might be if the device was originally bought direct from three.co.uk or via a wholesale channel?

I'll get back in my box now :)

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
thanks for the replies everybody,I phoned 3 and I have decided to send the ebay mifi back and will buy one from 3 on a months contract and cancel it. Although I might wait for their black Friday event next week before ordering!!!:clap2::cheers:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back