TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Sorry if I'm getting any protocols wrong here - I've already asked this question in another thread.

Has anyone any thoughts about the France Passion scheme for free stopovers? I've read about it on the Vicarious Press website. We're about to set out on the next bit of our France trip from Perpignan to San Sebastian and the up the Atlantic coast to St Malo. I had a look at the ACSI scheme which looks as if it would be of little use as we have to do this trip in season (as it were!).

We also use the Aires a lot but I'd like to use sites on the odd occasion for a bit of laundry and so on and I'm wondering whether France Passion may help.

Thanks.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You'll be hard pressed to get off a Passion site free. You are expected to spend money on the Passion's product. Some prices can be almost eye-watering.

I stayed at a brandy....sorry Cognac passion and had a very informative tour of the distillery and wine and brandy tasting. You feel really obliged to do this. I escaped with only forking out 44 euros for a bottle of brand and another of wine. Top price for a bottle was 80 euros :cry:.

Ok, its good stuff, I'm told? But it sure knocks into touch any idea of a free pitch!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we were in France Passion for the last 2 years, its only a parking space they provide.:Smile: Some are a bit of a job to find, you don't need to book anything just turn up, its a nice way of meeting the French, they do like it if you buy something, but we have never been made to buy something we did not want, but have brought plenty of wine we liked and some Rhubarb wine which went down well. But if you need to do washing go to a site or launderette.:Doh: just enjoy it and don't panic, you could just buy a wonder wash.::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rose Royce

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
EPSOM
Funster No
We also use the Aires a lot but I'd like to use sites on the odd occasion for a bit of laundry and so on and I'm wondering whether France Passion may help.

Thanks.
No it won't. It simply gives you somewhere to park up for the night.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We have used the scheme for the last two years.

True it gives just a stopover but the one we stayed at Loriol Sur Drome had fresh strawberries, mange tout, and asparagus picked on the fruit farm that day. I would have bought fruit and veg anyway but maybe not the apricot cordial and jam!
I think the scheme is great but it is more temptingly expensive than staying on an aire!
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back