LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Dealerships, rightly, get a lot of flak when they fail to deliver even an adequate level of service.
There's been a few threads about damp, even in brand new vans.

So it is only right & proper to praise & commend CamperUK for being one of the good guys (y) (y) (y).

I'm new to ownership, but I've been doing my research for a couple of years - and came to the conclusion that for me the most important criteria, other than a couple of basics, was the dealer. More important even than brand, make or model.

So it came to pass that at the P'Boro show, I sat in a 12 year old van on the CamperUK stand, felt comfortable in it and with the guys, so did a deal there & then :eek:.
Perhaps it was naive - yes it was naive - but I put my faith in the dealer!

Anyway, rock on six months & I've had a whale of a time but...
...when sorting through the previous owners extensive paperwork [he'd kept everything from insurance quotes to the perforated surrounds from the tax discs] I found a sketchy damp report dated from the beginning of this year.

Now I don't suppose it comes as a surprise to have some damp in a 12 year old [British] van and a Swift at that :whistle:?
So I had it checked out locally, and yes, concerning spots of damp but not too extensive & no apparent damage - yet.

So obviously I got in touch with Dean at CamperUK - and to his absolute credit he took responsibility straight away and without a quibble.

The next day, his Service Manager called to arrange a date when they could come and collect my van. The day before, they texted to confirm & duly arrived at the appointed time.

They had my MH for about three weeks [we had agreed I was in no particular hurry] but every Friday they called me with an update on progress.
Last Friday, they called to arrange the return and yesterday my MH was back.

All done with minimal inconvenience, absolutely no hassle, and kept fully informed - and the work carried out, no quibble, at CamperUK's expense.

So, credit where credit's due.
Excellent job Dean & CamperUK :clap2:.
My van was definitely at the lower end of their price range - but their service has been at the top of any scale.
Obviously, I'd have no hesitation in recommending CamperUK :D.

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Yes I can second that, Brilliant company all round. And I must say take some beating.

Dill

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I've heard nothing but good reports about CamperUK. Haven't actually used them but would definitely look at them if we ever need to replace our current van (which we're both happy with at the moment).

Denise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Always good to hear of a dealer that takes their responsibilities seriously.:clap2:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We bought a brand new Burstner Elegance from them a couple of years ago. We had numerous teething issues (mostly minor and all manufacturer issues) but never had any quibble from CamperUK. Everything was eventually rectified - it was just being 120 miles away that was inconvenient (but we usually tied a visit to CamperUK with a trip to a rally or a MH show).
They will usually let you stay overnight at their (very nice) campsite FOC if you are having work done in their workshop.
We have been very happy with their after sale service.

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have used Camper UK for nearly 3 years now and have always found them to be A1 in all respects. We have several Swift group dealers in our area, the nearest being 7 miles away, but although it is a 62 mile journey each way to get there it is well worth it. In addition to Dean we also praise Alan Pickering and Martin Law for a first class dealership

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
might be worth buying a meter and keeping an eye on the situation:censored:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I agree credit due , we had similar experiences with a moho we purchased from E S Hartley Ellesmere port from the Shrewsbury show, we had 3 reasonably serious problems at different times within the first few months , which they immediately said get quotes locally as we are on the Isle of Wight & get the job done & send them the bill . No quibble !! very good.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought our current van from their northern branch (Camper NE at Birtley) and they were excellent as well. Smashing company.

shane the nomad

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Anywhere the handbrake go's on
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Two years ...so newbie....ish !!!
I bought my first McLouis from Camper uk.Very pleased with the purchase,had a few little bits and bobs to sort when bought of which they sorted on the same day.Tracey on reception was great helping me sort time and dates for servicing etc,Dean sorted Servicing and repair that was required.Recommend this company,Excellent after sales service,polite and curtious

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I had issues when a new vehicle I ordered was not as ordered when delivered from CamperUK. I was initially quite upset but they (Dean in particular) handled things amazingly well. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

They also hold 3 events a year in their rally field. An Easter event, summer BBQ and Halloween/Fireworks show. We've attended two so far and they were very well organised and attended.

Allan

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Yep.

Definitely one of the better dealerships around. Switched my base vehicle (Fiat) servicing to them. They aren't Globecar dealers, but then nor are the dealership that I bought mine from anymore, sadly.

WinnieBago

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i810g
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I haven't dealt with them personally, but I've yet to read a bad word about them. Always nice to see a company which values their customers and makes an effort...
...especially when I am in the middle of dealing with TalkTalk, I've had a contractor miss 2 appointments to fix our fence and our local Ford dealership stood me up when I arrived for a test drive (all this week).

So it's nice to know there is still someone out there who knows how to run a business!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I too can from experience echo all of the positive feedback. A first class dealership and worth travelling to (90 miles in my case)
Alan

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Glad to hear so many good reports and everybody happy with their purchase's etc it makes a nice change .

On an other issue I can't remember the details of what the full details were. A guy had bought an RV of them on finance then within a short time had to sell I think due to poor health, UK sold it for him and took a PX and would not release his bit of excess cash until they had sold the PX which was news to him, this was on the TV prog the Sheriffs are coming so to get that far it must have been going on for a considerable time it was sorted out with the Sheriffs so food for thought if this situation comes up for anybody in the future. Pete

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
i can endorse 1 bought 1996 swift royalle 3 years ago from campers n/e birtley the hand over was brill and all checks where done in my presence and to my satisfaction 3 years later been all over europe done thousands of miles never a problem. brill company !!!!!!!!!!!!. jt

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It's always refreshing to hear of a good dealer and give him worthy praise.
We have a dealership in the North East who are also very reliable and honest with customers.. I have had many dealings with them over the past two years and they have certainly earned my trust with many jobs I have had carried out.
They are based just off the A1M at Birtley and are called Camper NE.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back