Can't get a replacement Ducato diesel filler cap. (1 Viewer)

Denny

Free Member
Mar 26, 2008
UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since May 2008
My diesel filler cap on my 2004 Fiat Ducato, Dethleffs Globetrotter Advantage has seized up and just will not lock anymore. Just falls out of the pipe ! Can I get a replacement ? "NO" is the answer so far !
It used to be part no. 1333085080, but that only exists without a barrel, someone suggested smashing the old one to transfer the barrel, but that's the one that seized up !
Then I was told about part no. 5907613, but that only fits models up to 2003.
Then there was a glimmer of hope with part no. 5907582, but they stopped making that in 2008.
Has anyone else had this problem, and is there an accessory disel locking cap for my 2004 Fiat Ducato ?
Denny.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
My diesel filler cap on my 2004 Fiat Ducato, Dethleffs Globetrotter Advantage has seized up and just will not lock anymore. Just falls out of the pipe ! Can I get a replacement ? "NO" is the answer so far !
It used to be part no. 1333085080, but that only exists without a barrel, someone suggested smashing the old one to transfer the barrel, but that's the one that seized up !
Then I was told about part no. 5907613, but that only fits models up to 2003.
Then there was a glimmer of hope with part no. 5907582, but they stopped making that in 2008.
Has anyone else had this problem, and is there an accessory disel locking cap for my 2004 Fiat Ducato ?
Denny.

Link Removed

Regards

OP
OP
D

Denny

Free Member
Mar 26, 2008
UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since May 2008
Thanks Sinbad1,
there are no caps for a 2004 model on ebay.
Thanks johnnerontheroad,
there are no caps for a 2004 model on the list you refered to, however I did E-mail Fiat forum to see if they can help.
Will let you know.
Denny.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If the filla neck is still in the original place as per a standard Fiat Ducato, yes Hallfords or the like should fix you up with an aftermarket cap
if its been moved or modified by the Converter,there is little hope, have you tried fully soaking the offending cap / barrel in diesel to free it off
Geo

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some time ago I tried obtaining a new cap for our van, based on a 2003/4 Boxer (so I assume same caps as Fiat). In my case I only wanted a cap with a different key so that a thief could not force off the original cap and have a key cut from it. At the time there was a spate of tales warning about vans being stolen as a result of such activity.

I tried Halfords, other car accessory shops and the local Peugeot dealer and none of them were able to help me. I ended up getting a Metro Flexicap Plus like Link Removed.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I had exactly the same problem with the filler cap on my Transit camper just a couple of months ago, but then it is a 16 year old vehicle!!

Despite soaking in wd40 and oil for a week it never freed up so it became a bin job. Yes i could have replaced the barrel, but i bought a complete replacement 'pattern make' cap for less. Had i wished i could have bought an original filler cap from Ford to fit my van, but they were double the price of pattern makes.

I'm amazed you cannot even get an original replacement for a five year old vehicle. Thats extremely poor.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you could try soaking in vinager for 48hours, then rinse in diesel.
last resort to eat the rust

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Give this a try

Link Removed

Stick your vehicle details in and part required, then they email you if they find anything.

OP
OP
D

Denny

Free Member
Mar 26, 2008
UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since May 2008
Thanks guys.
Have put a request in to FINDAPART Bulletguy. Will let you know if successful.
Fiat Head Office Slough said they could have one specially fitted at £200 !!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have you tried a commercial vehicle dismantlers.

used to be a breakers yard 'til someone read a dictionary and thought it sounded posher::bigsmile:

Link Removed looks a good starting point.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back