tyre (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
TYRE

Trace Your Route Everywhere

Thought you guy's might be interested in this free software it integrates google maps/google earth you can create waypoints, add them to your tom tom.

import trips with waypoints in various countries. click here

You will first need to download the tyre app click here

You can then create your own trip with as many waypoints as you like or import any of the files listed on the site.

Regards

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Thanks Sinbad, very interesting

shame it doesn't have a Mac version .. :Sad:

Jim

Is a shame, never used mac ;but suppose this is one of the issues with this OS

regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is a shame, never used mac ;but suppose this is one of the issues with this OS

regards

indeed.. and mapping is Macs big weakness.. :Sad:

the only company who made a GPS mapping system was Route 66 which was quite frankly crap and is now discontinued .. but I do have a Sony lappy with Autoroute 07 but I hate Vista and Windoze in general and no matter how much I persevere end up back on the Mac and the Sony lies in the cupboard unused.. :Doh:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Thanks Sinbad, going to have to WASTE??, even more time PLAYING
with my PC. Should keep the better half on my back for a while LOL.
Sure i cn finda use for it for wild camping sites & routes.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi been playing with it, ::bigsmile: seems an excellent program, from what the guy says it was originally written for motorbikes but you can change it to cars. Never used Tomtom's itinerary planning function, on a small screen its just to slow.

He says in his blurb about changing planning preferences to "shortest route" which I did; only for tomtom to ask me if I wanted to use "unpaved roads" ::bigsmile: so I have changed it back to "fastest route"

Each way point comes up with either the name of the nearest road or town, or you can edit and put your own in. Save and load the file into the ITN folder on the tomtom and its done. ::bigsmile:

Amazing what you can get for nowt. ::bigsmile: I sent him a £5 courtesy of paypal.

Olley

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi been playing with it, ::bigsmile: seems an excellent program, from what the guy says it was originally written for motorbikes but you can change it to cars. Never used Tomtom's itinerary planning function, on a small screen its just to slow.

He says in his blurb about changing planning preferences to "shortest route" which I did; only for tomtom to ask me if I wanted to use "unpaved roads" ::bigsmile: so I have changed it back to "fastest route"

Each way point comes up with either the name of the nearest road or town, or you can edit and put your own in. Save and load the file into the ITN folder on the tomtom and its done. ::bigsmile:

Amazing what you can get for nowt. ::bigsmile: I sent him a £5 courtesy of paypal.

Olley

Glad you like it Olley i too have donated impressed with how it integrates with google maps/google earth also makes planning simple. You can download routes from various countries or just veiw them in google earth..magic

Regards

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well, my curiosity got the better of me so I dug out the PC lappy, downloaded Tyre and have been playing with it for the past hour ...

It's brilliant .. this removes the chance that TT might route the 'wrong' way, you can tailor the route to give the best access to sites/aires avoiding roads that TT might otherwise have chosen.. and you know are not suitable for the RV .. best bit of free mapping software I've seen.. thanks a lot Sinbad :thumb::thumb:

can't wait to plan a trip for 'real'

Jim

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Well, my curiosity got the better of me so I dug out the PC lappy, downloaded Tyre and have been playing with it for the past hour ...

It's brilliant .. this removes the chance that TT might route the 'wrong' way, you can tailor the route to give the best access to sites/aires avoiding roads that TT might otherwise have chosen.. and you know are not suitable for the RV .. best bit of free mapping software I've seen.. thanks a lot Sinbad :thumb::thumb:

can't wait to plan a trip for 'real'

Jim

Great glad you got rid of the cobwebs:ROFLMAO:and your lappy has a purpose now .

happy planning

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks Sinbad, very interesting

shame it doesn't have a Mac version .. :Sad:

Jim

I have always thought of you as a very practical, down to earth person yet all the time you have been using a Mac - it's really shaken my self confidence.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Brilliant bit of kit
this does what I did on Autoroute and then manually put into TT
Now its all automatic:thumb: