DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm on a Murvi Club rally at the moment on a new site, it only opened this March. Very good facilities, hard standing pitches with grass ones in the middle of the site. Electricity and TV points as well - apparently the TV reception is poor here, other than satellite of course, but given the current gale blowing at the moment we couldn't use our dish so we are plumbed in with a coax lead.

It is just under a mile from St Briavels, where there is a pub and a cafe and you can walk to it by a footpath directly from the site. Lots of other paths around here too of course.

The reception building has a kitchen where they can provide breakfasts and lunches. By arrangement they can do evening meals and tonight they are putting on a selection of curries for us. You can also use it as a club room and last night we just gathered there for drinks - bring your own of course.

It isn't cheap, £20 a night plus WiFi and EHU extra but a good place for a small rally.

http://www.forestandwyevalleycamping.co.uk

OI000017~2.jpg

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
It looks good even in the wet.
How much extra for the electric, please, or perhaps I should follow your link!

Brian

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It looks good even in the wet.
How much extra for the electric, please, or perhaps I should follow your link!

Brian
EHU £3, WiFi £1. The latter is needed as the only mobile signal we can get here is Vodaphone, no joy on Three or O2.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
EHU £3, WiFi £1. The latter is needed as the only mobile signal we can get here is Vodaphone, no joy on Three or O2.
Thank you,

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nice little site my grandaughter works there in the summer part time.
St Briavels is only a tiny village but its famous in the Forest of Dean.
If you were born within the hundred of St Briavels you have free miners rights and roaming rights for sheep or pigs within the forest if you worked in a mine for a year and a day. My wife and brother were both born within the hundred but I wasn't, apparently the rights were granted in the doomsday book.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back