falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are Francis and Stella from Liverpool. Total newbies here, came into this rather late but something we always wanted to do on retirment. Hope to pick up lots of tips and do's and don't along the way. Our main aim is to enjoy long weekends and at least one or two trips to Southern Italy where we have a small place there.

Just about to pick up our 2004 van which is a Fiat Ducato with an Avondale Seascape on it. I have now realised that this firm has gone bankrupt but since the van has only 4400 on the clock and seems very little used, it should do the job for us.
Would appreciate if anybody here has such a model to exchange views. I can find very little about this van on the net but in the end they all contain the same bits in different configurations.
One of the aspects I want to investigate is solar panels to provide additional power so any hints there would be appreciated.

Francis

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Falcon and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi francis and stella and welcome to the madhouse....:thumb:

try a search for 'solar panels' on the search icon......loads of info and help on there.

john.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
trips to Southern Italy where we have a small place there.

Just about to pick up our 2004 van which is a Fiat Ducato with an Avondale Seascape on it. I have now realised that this firm has gone bankrupt but since the van has only 4400 on the clock
Francis

Southern Italy - we've never ventured below Sorrento - is it good MH territory ?

2004 - 4400 miles. Nothing you say, not run in. Well quite true but check on the timing belt, it's changed on age as well as miles. Ours was changed on age but only 15K miles and they found a pulley was about to collapse which would have been bye bye engine. Apart from that it's built like the proverbial brick toilet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back