Camping Car Park ... another kind of Aires (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I wasn't very keen on posting anything about my week end away in Max. Surely we had a very warm and sunny week end, but we didn't do as much as we had planned, hearts were crying...
On the other hand , while planning that trip a few days before , I came across a private company looking after Aires. I decided to try, asked for the membership card (4 euros) and decided to take the option of topping up that card with money (You can pay with your credit card. They debit your due at the end of the month).

These aires are open all year. You have free wifi (you have to re connect every 2 hours), dump point and fresh water, and most of the pitches have electricity, but if you happen to have none you can ask someone to share, as all members pay the same.
There's a barrier at the entrance so as well safe. You can book , for so many nights , which allows you to go away, visiting the the area during the day, and have one pitch saved for you when you come back.

Here are a few pics of Villasavary aire. Really peaceful place, not a single noise during the night! Perfect for people in need of peace and rest.
The village is small but has all you need within 10 minutes walking.
There's a huge parking place too , a few metres away from the aire. Happens to be the footy fields parking place, allowing...buses!!

SL375845.JPG
SL375846.JPG
SL375847.JPG
SL375848.JPG
SL375853.JPG

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
hi yodeli,,can you only use these aires if you have a membership card? do they sell them on aires? cheers,ian..

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Yes you can only use them if you have the membership card and you can have it right at the entrance. If you go on their site you have an English version of it. Just google camping car park , you should find their site very easily!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Full info here
BROKEN LINK

Two packages :
The PASS'ETAPES :
My personal access card to the whole CAMPING-CAR PARK network in France, 24/7, the whole year round.

The Pass’ Etapes is a 4€ card valid for life. You can either get it from the machine at the area entrance, or by phone* at + (00) 33 183 64 69 23 from 9am to 7pm.

*(by phone, a minimum 50€ recharge will be asked, without any deadline to use it)

The Pass'Etapes card has many advantages
  • Fares: 5h = 5 € / 24h 8.40 € to 12 €, according to the period and destination.
  • Services included.
  • You can come and go as you want
  • 24h of parking, from the time you access the area (e.g. if you enter into the area at 7pm, the fare applies until 7pm the next day)
- See more at: Broken Link Removed

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
There is an app too - though I've not managed to get it to work for ages :unsure:. Don't know whether it's the app or my phone.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yes you can only use them if you have the membership card and you can have it right at the entrance. If you go on their site you have an English version of it. just google camping car park , you should find their site very easily!
We joined and stayed on one in l'Auvergne . Superb and as we had some trouble getting in after paying the phone number gave an instant response and all sorted . You can download the list of aires using this link .

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed
And the above one you can save to read off line

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
App downloadable from Play Store. Once you have the app you can download content for access when off line.

Camping-Car-Park

Bryan

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sounds interesting, I see Viviers sur mer is listed, does this mean this Aire could only be used if your in the scheme. I use this as an example because we used it in 2012 when it was a normal aire.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Sounds interesting, I see Viviers sur mer is listed, does this mean this Aire could only be used if your in the scheme. I use this as an example because we used it in 2012 when it was a normal aire.
Yes if the aire has been taken over by the company then you need the card. I am not sure but I think some communes have handed over their aires to the management by this company . I think it is good value as all are well laid out and secure and with electric . Not expensive at 8€ .

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
If it's now belonging to CCP then you will find a barrier which will allow in only membership card!

BTW this one seems to be by the sea side which means you'll have to book really in advance when it's spring and summer time I would think!

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Not expensive at 8€ .
Not all of them. This is the lowest price, but I think it goes up to 13 euros when it's a very popular one
I have paid 8,40 /24h last week end (it's always 24hours worth , not just the night)

Edit: Whoops maximum is 12 euros!

Last edited:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not all of them. This is the lowest price, but I think it goes up to 13 euros when it's a very popular one
I have paid 8,40 /24h last week end (it's always 24hours worth , not just the night)
Ah ok Frankie :) the Auvergne is obviously cheap lol

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Thanks for the post Yodeli, I know that it's best to carry on as normal right now. Everyone around here (Auvergne) is shocked at what's happened. Aussi merci pour l'info, je vais essayer les aires le mois prochain quand nous departerons pour l'hiver a Portugal
Ponyboy

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
There is an app too - though I've not managed to get it to work for ages :unsure:. Don't know whether it's the app or my phone.
I think it's the app - there are no reviews in current version and the reviews in previous version dated 2014 say app is c**p and crashes. Pity.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
I think it's the app - there are no reviews in current version and the reviews in previous version dated 2014 say app is c**p and crashes. Pity.

App works fine for me. Just tested it, offline, from home, and it gives me all the info inc GPS to take me to chosen aire. Try again or download app again.

Bryan

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
App works fine for me. Just tested it, offline, from home, and it gives me all the info inc GPS to take me to chosen aire. Try again or download app again.

Bryan
Thanks for that - hadn't actually got app but looked at it to see if worth downloading and would not have done it on seeing reviews but will now that you have it and it works -THANKS

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010

Bryan

I've tried downloading it again a few times - it eventually opens but just hangs when I click on the 'ouvertes' tab.

Not sure whether it's done this since it's last update or since phone updates.

The web page does convert to a mobile friendly one, so not too bad.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008

Edit: Whoops maximum is 12 euros!

We stayed at Villefranche sur Saône (Camping Park Beaujolais) in June this year - the aire section is through a barrier to the camp site so we had a choice - reception said as we had an ACSI ID card we could have a discount to the camp site which was cheaper than paying at the barrier for the aire - and every one used the same shared facilities

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
I've tried downloading it again a few times - it eventually opens but just hangs when I click on the 'ouvertes' tab.

Not sure whether it's done this since it's last update or since phone updates.

The web page does convert to a mobile friendly one, so not too bad.

When I first opened app after downloading I was asked if I wanted to download the entire content for " future use when offline". Replied, Yes, and after about three minutes activity the transfer was completed and trial requests have all worked, map opens and shows route to aire.

Bryan

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
When I first opened app after downloading I was asked if I wanted to download the entire content for " future use when offline". Replied, Yes, and after about three minutes activity the transfer was completed and trial requests have all worked, map opens and shows route to aire.

Bryan

Can't remember if I had that option when I first downloaded it (it was that long ago!). It doesn't give me that option anymore when I delete it and redownload it. Ho hum.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Apologies if I am misinterpreting the wording but, are these sites limited to 24 stay only ? :think::think:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Apologies if I am misinterpreting the wording but, are these sites limited to 24 stay only ? :think::think:

some aires are 24hrs other 48hrs.. some have no limit.. bear in mind they are not camping sites..

as far as I can see this particular aires have no max limit, and you can book ahead for a minimum stay of 48hrs
Access to the RESERVATION service, for unlimited and free bookings: the best way to make sure you have a space when you arrive! -

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for that - hadn't actually got app but looked at it to see if worth downloading and would not have done it on seeing reviews but will now that you have it and it works -THANKS

I've downloaded it and it seems to work but doesn't look like it's been updated in a while. The list of locations is far more comprehensive on the website

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes you can only use them if you have the membership card and you can have it right at the entrance. If you go on their site you have an English version of it. Just google camping car park , you should find their site very easily!

Thanks for the info yodeli, their locations are in some useful places for using as one nighters but also for longer as in the ones in the Loire Valley, well worth it imo. Many thanks also to the funster who pointed me to this thread.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Yes if the aire has been taken over by the company then you need the card. I am not sure but I think some communes have handed over their aires to the management by this company . I think it is good value as all are well laid out and secure and with electric . Not expensive at 8€ .

The one at Le Crotoy ( No6) appears to be 12euro? I dunno it's confusing , there seem to be 3 prices?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The one at Le Crotoy ( No6) appears to be 12euro? I dunno it's confusing , there seem to be 3 prices?

prices are explained on the site.. how is it confusing ?

I will benefit from interesting prices with 10 % to 30 % discount on the rates, including services.

(* 5 hours = 5 €. 1 additional hour = 1 €. Limited to a maximum rate per 24 h of 8,40 € to 12 €, according to the period and destination.)

- See more at: Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back