• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Pair of Intek DX930s two way radios (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I am selling a pair of professional Intek DX930s VHF/ UHF 5w two way radios with 128 programmable channels. They are dual band, dual display and dual standby radios with high capacity batteries and desktop chargers for each. I bought them a few months ago and they are like new. I used them during a trip to Brittany to keep in touch while I was driving the van and Mrs A was driving the car. Transmission is clear and the range is very good. I also used them on a recent wildlife photo shoot to keep in touch with a friend. They worked well in a forest where we were a couple of miles apart.
To use these legally, on the 10 channels I have already programmed in, you will need to buy a Simple UK light licence (£75 for 5 years, no exams required) ) or of course they can be used on an amateur radio licence and you can then programme them as you wish.
They are very good quality radios built round a die cast aluminium chassis, have a scan feature and will also pick up FM radio broadcasts ( 88-108mhz)
The radios cost almost £80 each but I am selling them for £65 each or £120 for the pair NOW Reduced to £110 for the pair( I would prefer to sell the pair together) Price includes delivery.
I will include a list of the channels I have programmed in with DSC tones. They can also be used to pick up the free to use PMR channels ( these will need to be programmed in yourself), though the may be higher than allowed.
Programming is direct to the radio or via a PC with a programming cable ( not included) and using the free software Intek provide on their website.
Allan

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Poking my hooter in here a bit as I think you are under selling them Allan !
They really are excellent bits of kit

Officially only licensed for .5 watts with the basic 'light' licence.. They are switchable from 5 to 1 watt.. Leave them on 1 w and I would bet dollars to donuts no one would ever either moan or indeed catch on.

As you say, if you reprogram them to the 446pmr channels :
446.00625 MHz
446.03125 MHz
446.05625 MHz
446.08125 MHz
446.01875 MHz
446.04375 MHz
446.06875 MHz
446.09375 MHz

then no licence is required at all
programming them is really easy too !

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
The Simple UK licence ( Business/Simple/Light. (SEE HERE) ) allows you to use these mobile radios at their maximum power of 5 watts. You can change the power output when programming to either 5 or 1 watt as required and as you say, even if you had the PMR frequencies in using 1 watt, nobody would ever notice ( nor on 5 watts, probably)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Stupid question but does one "Light" license cover these or do both people using them need separate licenses?

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
You should read the Ofcom requirements and eligibility for the Light licence and make sure you understand how you are going to fit the criteria. Read this,.....
https://secure.ofcom.org.uk/busrad/br_guidance.pdf
I applied for an "individual or sole trader" licence( I had my own business) which means I am the licence holder and I can authorise other people to use the radios under my licence. You could also get a licence for an " incorporated association" defined as a group of people who share a common interest, only one licence holder required and others authorised to use the radios. Handy if you travel in a group or hold rallies or are part of a club.(family?)
So, no, not everyone who uses the radios need their own licence, it's up to you to understand how you are going to use that criteria for eligibility.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Simple UK licence ( Business/Simple/Light. (SEE HERE) ) allows you to use these mobile radios at their maximum power of 5 watts. You can change the power output when programming to either 5 or 1 watt as required and as you say, even if you had the PMR frequencies in using 1 watt, nobody would ever notice ( nor on 5 watts, probably)
Hmmm.. Wish you had not told me that !
It means I am gonna have to book myself for an update course ( aint been on one for about 10 years so have done well ! )
Yes, I could simply download all the docs but the exam is the same price as the course and the test.. So might as well do it and proly meet up with some of the guys who I used to work with :)

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Is that the foundation licence? You can use a lot more power when you pass that one, no exam required for the Simple/ business/ light licence, but of course you are restricted to just a few channels.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! Nooo.. I used to teach that and the full RAE..
I hold a full A class licence and up until a couple of years ago was one of those that held the experimental licence for 74kH ( the signal travels through rock !! ).. Still got a variation in place to run up to a kilowatt input at 13cms ( though as I am no longer active in that field I believe it will have been automatically ( well effectively any way ) removed by now
Within the field I did ( do still on occasion ) certain other work involving licencing conditions for all sorts of applications.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@Jaws, excuse me for using this thread John, but do you have to join a club to do a foundation course or is it possible to do it any other way.
I listen in sometimes on 144-146 on a scanner and find it quite interesting.
Dave.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
These radios are now listed on eBay as I would like to sell them pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Price reduced to £110 for the pair for any interested Funsters. Higher price on eBay for the general rabble.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back