Free Member
Oct 26, 2015
Selkirk
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just got an 08 Tribby 550. Been away a few times and the van has been great. Everything we need in a small space. Want to fit a reversing camera but would like to know the best way to connect up. Offside rear looks like a hard way in. Any suggestions?

Brian

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, it depends if you only want it working when in reverse, if so take a feed from reversing lamp to camera, or if you want it working all the time , you need a permanent live feed, controlled via the ignition. Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave(y)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
My usual route for camera wiring on PVCs is to mount the cam just above the centre brake light then bring cable in through a grommet with adequate sealant. From there the cable runs to the driver's side and down the door pillar, through the big grommet to under the floor then along the chassis with other wiring/pipes before coming into the cab with the handbrake cable at the driver's door step. From there it is relatively straight forward to route the cable up through the cable duct to behind the dash and from there to the monitor which I always position at the driver's door pillar side of the instrument binacle. Power can be picked up either from driver's side fuse box or the ignition switch.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My usual route for camera wiring on PVCs is to mount the cam just above the centre brake light then bring cable in through a grommet with adequate sealant. From there the cable runs to the driver's side and down the door pillar, through the big grommet to under the floor then along the chassis with other wiring/pipes before coming into the cab with the handbrake cable at the driver's door step. From there it is relatively straight forward to route the cable up through the cable duct to behind the dash and from there to the monitor which I always position at the driver's door pillar side of the instrument binacle. Power can be picked up either from driver's side fuse box or the ignition switch.

D.
Thank you for sharing your trade secrets! :) Running it under the floor to the front is a neat trick, avoiding having to take the interior apart. :)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, now you can see why this is the best Motorhome forum on the net, all this advise for only £15.00 per year. (y)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello
girl-waving-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes, forgot to say hello!

Go on, make a second post, you know you want to! Where are you planning to go? There are folk here who can bore you to death on French aires or toll roads to southern Spain. All priceless advice. :)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from Eastbourne and :welc:
I can't give any better advice than a profession @dave newell lvs (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back