Flooding anyone (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Our food siren went off about half an hr ago, its not stopped today and it doesn't look set to stop any time soon. Looks like Tod will be moping up by morning.:rolleyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I'd like a food siren - my stomach is most unreliable.:D
Me to. The wife used to be my food siren, but then the food stopped. Now she just wails, and there's nothing to eat when she shuts the **** up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I think the south of our beautiful county is taking a battering, although we in the northern lakes have had horizontal rain for about 16 hours with more forecast. The
C &CC site at Derwentwater has been evacuated. The A66 bet Penrith & Keswick was closed and several roads in the Lakes impassable. Kendal, Keswick & Cockermouth are all watching the flood defences nervously.
But its Cumbria; SUNSHINE tomorrow!!:):)

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Nice to know its sunny tomorrow, may go get the van out and have a couple of days away.:)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A bit like this............

siren_blue_by_telthona-d7cejwj.jpg

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Unbelievable amount of rain here overnight.
Local town flooded, local hotel evacuated.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
The Sun shines here every day ; It's just that you can't always see it for the rain!!:(
LOL
Know the feeling.
Big Yorkshire lad that flys with us tells all visitors to the field.
"If you cannot see Mongorry hill it's raining, if you can see it it will rain soon" !
About sums it up really.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Bit of water gathered on the road at the bottom of the slope, no need to worry tho, we are about 50 metres up. Just a gentle drizzle at the moment.

Such a shame really:( As I really wanted to mow the lawn today;)

No not really!:whistle2:

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Crikey, real bad.
Link here.
Broken Link Removed
Thankfully were well above any flooding risk, but the thoughts with those who are affected by this.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just read the above again, and it REALLY is a good post, about REALLY anything REALLY:clap2:!

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Tod will not flood Barsteward, they have spent umpteen million to ensure that it all heads down to Hebden and Mytholmroyd. Oops there again it is Sunday and the man with the key for the flood gate at Eastwood does not do Sunday so keep your wellies handy.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
£3.1M flood defences holding back the Tees here, had to cancel the football mind.
Whereabouts on the Tees is that Pat? I saw a report earlier of alerts from Middleton St George to the Tees Barrage but haven't seen any photos apart from one of Lustrum Beck on the Gazette web site.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Whereabouts on the Tees is that Pat? I saw a report earlier of alerts from Middleton St George to the Tees Barrage but haven't seen any photos apart from one of Lustrum Beck on the Gazette web site.
Neasham

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Neasham used to flood every winter didn't it ? Glad to hear somethings been done!
We are uphill at NMarske but sometimes have a problem going down to the main road, luckily it's not been too bad here very warm as well.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Neasham used to flood every winter didn't it ? Glad to hear somethings been done!
We are uphill at NMarske but sometimes have a problem going down to the main road, luckily it's not been too bad here very warm as well.
It's remarkably warm today isn't it? I went out to collect my FIL for his lunch earlier and I was surprised.

The only way we have been affected by flooding in the last week or so is by standing water at Teesside Park and Mandale Road by the A19 roundabout (blocked drains in both cases I think). Even the A19 so badly designed/constructed by Amey when it was widened between the Tees and Parkway hasn't flooded this time.

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
We have just arrived home to Northumberland after a couple of days at Braithwaite Fold C &CC site. We didn't sleep much last night due to incessant rain and wind and decided to come home a couple of days early. The beginning of the trip alongside Lake Windemere was a little fraught with a few bits of flooding but once we hit the A591 the rest was OK.
We did see a lot of flooding on the way home with the Tyne Valley seeming to be really bad. Still, I suppose it is the middle of November and we did go to the Lakes where I suppose the clue is in the name!!!

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588

Even flooded in July once!

Plenty of water still coming down the Tees, the goalposts on the village green in the above photo have now totally disappeared. This was Low Force this morning had to cancel my little paddling trip, there white water paddling for fun and then there's death on a stick.

Low Force.jpg

And how it normally looks

LowForceSmall.jpg

Reactions: GJH

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I love to see it like that (y) I bet High Force looked great too.
16deg here to-day Im not going to complain about that :) love it.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Went to see the grandson playing footy today at Southend. The car's outside temp' gauge showed 18°c ! The ground was solid underfoot. Bloody windy though....shots one end went miles over the bar; shots the other end hovered!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back