blowout at 80 miles an hour in a hymer.... (1 Viewer)

H

harveytherabbit

Deleted User
Apologies,,,,the rather exciting 'blowout at 80 miles an hour in a Hymer' was a simple ruse to encourage a wider readership of what will turn out to be a rather mundane posting.
This coming monday will see me completeing the purchase and pickup of a small tho perfectly formed Hymer.......i will drive it from Norfolk to East sussex, park up and wonder if I should touch anything without a grown up being present. The problem is that the van was 'born' in germany and comes with all its german christneing papers/literature which shall forever reamin a mystery to me. i don't speak german.

I am wondering where a fresh faced motorhomer might get an english manual. I guess it doesnt have to be model specific but of the right era.........early 90's.

i did look thru the FAQ's but the problem hasn't been answered before....

Heeeeeeeeeeelllp please

Michael 52.....originator of exciting headings

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Apologies,,,,the rather exciting 'blowout at 80 miles an hour in a Hymer' was a simple ruse to encourage a wider readership of what will turn out to be a rather mundane posting.
This coming monday will see me completeing the purchase and pickup of a small tho perfectly formed Hymer.......i will drive it from Norfolk to East sussex, park up and wonder if I should touch anything without a grown up being present. The problem is that the van was 'born' in germany and comes with all its german christneing papers/literature which shall forever reamin a mystery to me. i don't speak german.

I am wondering where a fresh faced motorhomer might get an english manual. I guess it doesnt have to be model specific but of the right era.........early 90's.

Heeeeeeeeeeelllp please

Michael 52.....originator of exciting headings

You could have tempted fate and wished upon your self a blow out at 80 MPH!

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
of what will turn out to be a rather mundane posting.

You are right.

It was.

Do we have an "Ignore twits" facility on this forum?

Last edited:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
I wouldn't tempt fate with comments about blowouts either but on your substantive point - if you email Hymer (Germany)they will send you a pdf file with your vans manual FOC, if you have a Merc based Hymer your local commercial Merc dealer will get you a manual for the base if you give them your chassis number (its only a few quid). If you are on any other base you might get lucky but I have no experience of them.
Sorry I dont have Hymer email addy with me and not home for a few days.
You can always use Google to find out what the various german labels mean and there is nothing remotely rocket science about older Hymers.

Enjoy it.

OP
OP
H

harveytherabbit

Deleted User
You are right.

It was.

many thanks tony........fine looking old bus in your pic there......the van's not bad either.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

It may have that effect but not the desired result, I suggest you read the rules before posting.

Link Removed

BE SPECIFIC in choosing a title for your post. It can help us better help you.

as an example this post got a more helpful response

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You want to treat us like idiots, how about we do the same to you ?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Try an online lanquage translator, my wifes speaks German but she is not at Johns Cross.

If bits dont work you know where we are:thumb:

Peter

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't come the raw prawn with me !!

You are right.

It was.

Look in the mirror pal....If you haven't got anything sensible to say then say nowt !!!
This guy was looking for help, not a reply like that !!! Being from Australia I believe that you are what might be called a "Bludger"....Case closed...:moon::swear::boxing:hardhathardhathardhat

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This guy was looking for help

No he wasn't, he was DEMANDING help.

There's a difference. These were tabloid/politician's tactics. This was pushing to the front of the queue. Nothing is more guaranteed to start a fight than pushing in to the front of a queue.

Well at least that was my initial impression.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
quote from original post
"I am wondering where a fresh faced motorhomer might get an english manual. I guess it doesnt have to be model specific but of the right era.........early 90's.

Heeeeeeeeeeelllp please"

hardly a demand!!!!!

Give the guy a break - it's his first post lets hope it's not his last!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hardly a demand!!!!!

Give the guy a break - it's his first post lets hope it's not his last!

Yes I know but it was the initial impact that jarred. It was a mixture of poor sod and oh sh1t could this happen to me. Then "The Ha Ha I fooled you". Crying wolf. The rascal.

I'm sure I've done worse. I can't remember if anyone grumbled at me but if they did I would have listened to them.

No hard feelings I hope, welcome Harvey and don't be put off by German. I've only done O level and failed that but it's a very logical language so buy a dictionary and between that and Google you can figure out most things.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We had two "blow outs not so long ago on the motorway, both within 20 miles of each other, however the vehicle handled superbly and we werent doing anywhere near 80 miles an hour.

Blow outs should not be taken lightly, as with inexperienced drivers and adverse conditions they can end up in fatalities.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Have a look at my post entitled "Free sex and Beer" why wasn't I pilloried like this poor NEW!! member?????? I would not be surprised if he moved over to the dark side after the slating he has received !!...Be ashamed you who know who you are..:Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Have a look at my post entitled "Free sex and Beer" why wasn't I pilloried like this poor NEW!! member?????? I would not be surprised if he moved over to the dark side after the slating he has received !!...Be ashamed you who know who you are..:Angry:

I was nice to him!:Smile:

Peter

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have a look at my post entitled "Free sex and Beer" why wasn't I pilloried

Because that carries no emotional baggage. It's obviously a joke.

Anyone seeing that immediately said "Oh Yeh !" I nearly came back with "You are being reported to the ASA etc etc" but my internet was giving me trouble.

FWIW:
Fangio
Stirling Moss
Peter Ustinov
Derek Piggot
Douglas Adams
Spike Millgan
Hell of an evening.

He would not last long in the humourless hole in the internet AKA The Dark Side.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I can't believe the reaction of some members to a first time poster? thought i was on the dark side ?

Come on guy's give the chap a break

Ok his title wasn't representative of his post. So what there are loads of thread titles that dont represent the contents.

Pulling him to bits and calling him a twit is bang out of order.

This supposed to be a freindly site and we should welcome new members not pull them to pieces for a minor error.

lighten up chaps::bigsmile:::bigsmile: its a fun site?

Regards

If by any chance your still with us harveytherabbit :welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Free sex and Blow----------------------------------------outs
come on keep it clean:roflmto:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Comments like that to the new user were one of the reasons I left the other place and Christened it "The Dark Side" Now when ever people mention it is as "The Dark Side" Please don't use those tactics on here, it's not big and it's not clever. Remember, this is the FUN site, "The Bright Side"

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Don't know whats wrong with you, but in my view some people who reacted to this thread are on this forum too long! You should be ashamed of yourselves to treat anyone like this! Get a life, anywhere but here. This was a useful and fun site until some people thought it was "fun" to treat people like they were children and abuse them this way. Shame on you!!!

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Look in the mirror pal....If you haven't got anything sensible to say then say nowt !!!
This guy was looking for help, not a reply like that !!! Being from Australia I believe that you are what might be called a "Bludger"....Case closed...:moon::swear::boxing:hardhathardhathardhat

Interesting response steve. Pots and kettles and all that.

Certainly a classy set of emoticons you have on this forum. Designed to cater for all tastes, even those with no taste at all.

I sometimes watch "The Bill" (free from adverts) and the subject of racism seems to come up all the time. I got the impression from that program that your society was trying to educate people to avoid racist and national slurs. I guess that message hasn't quite penetrated to your dark and gloomy neck of the woods.

A racist git trumps a normal twit every time.

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
Comments like that to the new user were one of the reasons I left the other place and Christened it "The Dark Side" Now when ever people mention it is as "The Dark Side" Please don't use those tactics on here, it's not big and it's not clever. Remember, this is the FUN site, "The Bright Side"
656 You have made my day.....been trying to swot that fly....

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
656 You have made my day.....been trying to swot that fly....

He was hibernating during the Winter and now the sun is out he has shown up again. He did tell me he had entered the Avitar Competition

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back