Jun 20, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce ourselves. After having a few caravans which we loved the lifestyle of but didn't like all the hitching up/unhitching. Decided to get a motorhome in Oct 07 and haven't looked back since. Absolutely brilliant, we love the motorhome even more and use it most weekends . We are off to France on Monday, 8.00am from Dover - Calais for three weeks!!! Then possibly Loches - Citadelle for a few days, maybe Millau after.::bigsmile: Decisions, decisions. Wherever we go I'm sure it will be lovely.

Dave & Janice.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will be lovely, France is great for touring in a motorhome::bigsmile: Welcome to the fun and please do come back here and tell us about your trip:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome from me too, have a great time and post some photos for us please :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Dave and Jan welcome to the forum!! as Jim says France is really geared up for motorhomes ..I hope you have a good trip, about Millau try it from the town itself as if you cross the viaduct it'll cost you some where in the region of 9 Euros, or it was when we crossed it in April...try not to use the Peage (motorway) use the N routes and see the real side of France it's a better view and it's cheaper

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Dave & Jan WELCOME:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Have a good trip:thumb:

Dave

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Decided to get a motorhome in Oct 07 and haven't looked back since.

Millau after.::bigsmile: Decisions, decisions. Wherever we go I'm sure it will be lovely.

Dave & Janice.

>> haven't looked back since.

You must have reversed into a hell of a lot of things by now :)

>> Millau

Don't just blast over the bridge - visit the town. Loads of sites by the river and a lovely very French place to visit and enjoy a Crepe on the pavement --- HEY you at the back, switch your hearing aid on, I said CREPE. Look round the free glove museum, particularly at the prices.

OP
OP
D

dave & Jan

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years

You must have reversed into a hell of a lot of things by now :)

>> Millau

Don't just blast over the bridge - visit the town. Loads of sites by the river and a lovely very French place to visit and enjoy a Crepe on the pavement --- HEY you at the back, switch your hearing aid on, I said CREPE. Look round the free glove museum, particularly at the prices.

Hi Hilldweller and everyone else who has welcomed us.

Thanks for the tip regarding Millau, we hope to stay at a site called Les Rivages, have read good reports.

Dave just reminded me we are staying overnight at Blackhorse Farm CC site Monday. The ferry isn't until Tuesday 8.00am:Blush: (I must be getting too excited)

You must have reversed into a hell of a lot of things by now

::bigsmile: probably would have, luckily we have the reversing camera:thumb:

Kind regards,

Janice.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the tip regarding Millau, we hope to stay at a site called Les Rivages, have read good reports.

Dave just reminded me we are staying overnight at Blackhorse Farm CC site Monday. The ferry isn't until Tuesday 8.00am:Blush: (I must be getting too excited)

Blackhorse Farm thats a cracking site to stay at we stayed there before our run to France and Spain in January this year!! your only 20 mins away from the ferry..... enjoy yourselves

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Dave just reminded me we are staying overnight at Blackhorse Farm CC site Monday. The ferry isn't until Tuesday 8.00am:Blush:
Janice.

We set off via Blackhorse ! Very convenient and very helpful staff.

That's not where we stayed in Millau, you are on the other river. No matter I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'd say it's worth two or three nights.

Remember Mr LeClerc. He is your best friend. Everyone else requires a mortgage to fill your tank.

Enjoy.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi and welcome. France is such a motor home friendly place. Have fun. Bon voyage!
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back