New details about government monitoring of the internet. I'ts bad. (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
It really does beg the question. Who is really in charge of Britain?

Yes Prime minister?????

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That is why we have a parliament to debate bills and, where necessary, amend them before they become law. I suggest that anyone concerned by the referenced sections get in touch with their MPs to ask that they argue against them. Having said that, any MP worthy of the job will be aware anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I suggest that anyone concerned by the referenced sections get in touch with their MPs to ask that they argue against them. Having said that, any MP worthy of the job will be aware anyway.

That'd rule out the vast majority.

This;

" Any law that forbids citizens from revealing what the government gets up to, or from speaking out about what they find, needs to be looked at with a very hard stare indeed. Yet that’s where we find ourselves with the draft Investigatory Powers Bill, aka the Snooper's Charter."

says it all:
Why are countries introducing them ? They introduced one here , by using a 'decree' .Which is an instrument introduced for passing terrorism legislation & allows no debate in the house ;& ,like the UK, you find the scum using it for anything they fancy. Control is what it is about.

Personally if I was in the position I would just tell the world.
It is similar to the law they introduced in the UK where if certain individuals, businesses ,etc; thought that there was something 'dubious' about where money came from then they were obliged to report their doubts ,with failure to do so punishable with 2 years & large fine. Additionally you are not allowed to notify or tell the person concerned in any way that you have doubts.
So you have the situation whereby solicitors, accountants, car dealers , bank staff,etc; who are being paid by clients & working for them , are obliged to 'report' any doubts they may have.
Very similar to how the Nazis worked.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As I said in the previous thread, this has been building up since various governments have been pressing for everyone to have a computer and wildly available broadband, now they have got almost everyone relying on the things to do anything they have got us by the round things, personally if I can do something the old road I do and keep as little as possible on computer, but it is getting increasingly hard to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Not a problem, those who need to know will know, they have the clearance if you don't know, you don't have the clearance.
There are too many numpties out there who think its in the publics interest to know everything, the public don't need to know everything. How many times have lives been put at risk because journalists think it's ok to tell half a story? Where do they get these stories? Same with courts, some people have to be protected, because they are out there protecting the rest of us.
:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back