What pi$$ed you off this week (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Some how this happened to Bella Bolearo.

001.JPG

and I know 110% it wasn't me:boxing:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
awww feel your anger.

My last mh had a damaged corner at the top rear of the vehicle. I knew it wasn't me.

After watching the farmer, where I leave it stored, handling his digger on the farm which was stored behind my van ... I have no doubt who did it but no proof. :(

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I don't think it's been done by another vehicle otherwise the lines would have been straight don't you think?

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Fraid it's a lot deeper than it looks'. long story but if I said I was FUMMING it would be an understatement. I travelled 8000 miles in Europe last year in 5 months not a single blemish. Take it to your local test centre ....Well. to be fair it could have happened on the secure compound. It doesn't matter though at the end of the day I can't prove anything and I have to foot the bill..... and n top of that my wife's just lost her job and I'm such an old sod I cant get one:LOL:
eeye lifes a sod:LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks like you've had a cat sliding along your bonnet!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Being told that there is a 5 month wait for warranty work to be commenced on my van (including a faulty/leaking gas isolating valve) didn't exactly fill me with joy.

But that's buying British for you (y)

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I don't think it's been done by another vehicle otherwise the lines would have been straight don't you think?
Yep have to agree with you, But I know no matter what I'm on a looser I have to be fair (for my own piece of mind)
and admit it could have happened on my secure compound but looking at the number of vehicles packed onto the compound at the dealers. :( I keep wondering why I have become so cynical in my old age, I think the reason is.... if I get caught "with my pants down" I hold my hands up. unfortunately its not todays philosophy.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Being stuck behind another car on the way to work at 5am doing 20mph in a 30 zone for a few miles - I eventually seen an opening to overtake only to have the car in front put his foot down, after i got passed him all he did was flash his high beam at me and then leave his high beam on trying to blind me WTF is wrong with people ?
May i say how proud of myself i was for completely ignoring this prat - but inside i wanted to stop in the middle of the road an put my foot up his Ass !

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
what peed me off was an unexpected hospital stay. oh and a brain dead satnav that rerouted me round a traffic holdup and took me on an hour long trip through country lanes to travel 5 miles, would of been quicker and less distance sat in the queue in bad weather

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Being stuck behind another car on the way to work at 5am doing 20mph in a 30 zone for a few miles - I eventually seen an opening to overtake only to have the car in front put his foot down, after i got passed him all he did was flash his high beam at me and then leave his high beam on trying to blind me WTF is wrong with people ?
May i say how proud of myself i was for completely ignoring this prat - but inside i wanted to stop in the middle of the road an put my foot up his Ass !
Well done, I'm proud of you.(y)
I would have slowed down to 10 mph and put my rear fogs on.:mad:
Wouldn't have done me any good though would it? :whistle::LOL:

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Well done, I'm proud of you.(y)
I would have slowed down to 10 mph and put my rear fogs on.:mad:
Wouldn't have done me any good though would it? :whistle::LOL:

No wonder accidents happen:D cantankerous ole bugger.:whistle:

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Yet another intermittent undiagnosed engine issue, leaving my MH with not enough power to get home :mad:

already paid out £1200 on the things we thought were wrong o_O

Yer can afford it Dave:LOL:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Being told that there is a 5 month wait for warranty work to be commenced on my van (including a faulty/leaking gas isolating valve) didn't exactly fill me with joy.
Our dealers also quote this length of time. We found a smaller independent firm approved by the manufacturer - they could (and did) fit us in the same weekend. Any manufacturer-approved workshop can do your warranty work, it doesn't have to be your dealer.
(It wasn't that they had no work - they shuffled other stuff around and put in extra hours as they knew we were due to be elsewhere.)

Deleted User
Our dealers also quote this length of time. We found a smaller independent firm approved by the manufacturer - they could (and did) fit us in the same weekend. Any manufacturer-approved workshop can do your warranty work, it doesn't have to be your dealer.
(It wasn't that they had no work - they shuffled other stuff around and put in extra hours as they knew we were due to be elsewhere.)

I've suggested that some of the work is carried out elsewhere but the dealer ignores my correspondence and the factory won't speak to me (speak to the dealer!)

Bit of a catch 22 really, in addition some of the work can only be done at the factory (cabinet work, upholstery, decals etc)

I'm going to have to replace the main gas isolator myself (so I can use the van) and take advice on the rest (over 20 defects)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
what peed me off was an unexpected hospital stay. oh and a brain dead satnav that rerouted me round a traffic holdup and took me on an hour long trip through country lanes to travel 5 miles, would of been quicker and less distance sat in the queue in bad weather
Hope you're okay now! :)

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
OTE="Jaws, post: 1626630, member: 4189"]Mate.. just leave it..
Life is a bitch and so are folk who scratch motors.. and the chances of it never getting another mark are pretty remote.
Get them ALL fixed just before you flog it on :)[/QUOTE]

I'm same with the Bird John You would not believe ....like he person that played for my pool team. and reversed into my bike one winters night knocked it over (it had a cover on it ) 10 months later next door neighbour tells me they saw it all!!!
I didn't know until spring. too late they knew they had done it but no way were they going to admit.
I just couldn't do it. hence I'm still struggling now..... not sure honesty pays.....well with maturity NO WAY does it pay
but at least I can sleep at night.

second thoughts... no I can't sleep at night..... should have been a rouge;)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I've suggested that some of the work is carried out elsewhere but the dealer ignores my correspondence and the factory won't speak to me (speak to the dealer!)
Bit of a catch 22 really, in addition some of the work can only be done at the factory (cabinet work, upholstery, decals etc)
I'm going to have to replace the main gas isolator myself (so I can use the van) and take advice on the rest (over 20 defects)
That all sounds like a bit of a communication nightmare - hope you get it all sorted out.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
What pissed me off this week!.................

A friend who I thought was a friend on FB finally revealed they believe the Earth is Flat..........................

OMG......

& accusing me of accusing them of being crazy........

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Surely that is an unreasoable amout of time to fix good that were supplied faulty, I would threaten them with legal action.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hope you're okay now! :)
Thanks for asking Mel, it's an ongoing issue that every time I get rushed in the doctors first reaction is to panic. but nothing gets done beyond running yet more painful and pointless tests. a bit like an intermittent fault on a car or motorhome, it wont get fixed till something seriously bad happens. C'est la vie as they say. i've given up worrying about the problem, just get annoyed at the wasted time spent in hospital

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
What pi$$ed you off this week
Absolutely nothing.
I'm retired, I'm a MH'er, I live in an ocean of calm .....

images
That's what I'd hoped for, apparently someone in the great somewhere has other plans,.:LOL:

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Take up the uke - you won't be unhappy for long... ;)(y):)
One of my all time favourites is George Formby but I will never forget going to Blackpool as a kid and seeing Tessie O'shea
not many examples of her about these days but she certainly left an impression on me.

Before all you aficionados have a go at me...no I don't know the difference between a ekolalia and a Banjo but I do know that boy, could Tessie play one

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Some woman opened her car door , the wind caught it and it smashed into the side of my car. I love it and Ive only had it a year, it's not got a mark on it. It was raining hard . I got out. She was very sorry and asked if it was ok. I looked , it had scuffed the wax. Leaving a squiggle of white . The car is bright red, I couldn't see any metal. So let her off. Saying that accidents happen. Ittl polish out.
Next day , bright and sunny . I can see that the door has a small dint in it !
Moral to the story. Take details if it's raining. Don't be too nice and let people off , till you can see your car properly. Come out of the parking space and look along side. If I'd done that I may have seen.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back