Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
hi just had my 2nd hab service done and all damp measurements are good of around 8-10 % except one of 30 % by the bathroom window hinge. The comments say possible early signs of window hinge bar leaking water in ?
When I picked it up they just said one of the readings was high and to keep an eye on it ! I had other work done so didn't really register it until I checked the paperwork

Should I be worried ?

I have a 10 yr damp guarantee on my rollerteam should I be jumping up and down to get it fixed ?

Should I just get it rechecked in a couple of months ?

Your advise gratefully received

Gary

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Ok I'll speak to dealer tomorrow. Just the place I had it hab checked said just keep an eye on it ? As I said mind wasn't 100 % on this as had other work done and was just a throw away comment. I would have thought they'd have said it needs x y and z and would cost a b or c then I'd claim under warranty

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It's under warranty so get it fixed. If you don't you will always have a nagging worry.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I would certainly get the report registered with whoever is covering the warranty. Then whatever they advise get in writing.
If you leave it for re-checking it may be to late and your 10 yr cover is down the drain..

Reading Value Action
0 – 15% No Cause for concern
15-20% Require further investigation Consideration should be given to re-checking the area in three months with the average of all readings taken.
20-30% Remedial work required, there may be early signs of water ingress or evidence of moisture. Resealing and internal work may be required; again, consideration should be given to re-checking the area in three months.
>30% Structural damage is occurring, deterioration inevitable. a full strip down of the affected area is required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back