Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi
We are travelling through Germany and would like to purchase a Zone sticker just to sure when we travel through. I know that i can purchase one through the Berlin office But that site and others are requesting a payment with a credit card, I only have debit card. Other than bank transfers at a huge fee is there any site that would accept payment by debit card/cash or Paypal that you have heard of
thanks Steve

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I dont bother any more.

It only applies within the very centre of specific cities and then you have to be physically stopped by a policeman.

Its not something that the cameras can do. And as the UK is not in the details sharing agreement for vehicles they find it difficult to trace you anyway.

Jon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
As Jon says - you only need one if you intend to drive into one of the big cities that requires one. If you don't intend to do this then you simply do not need one!

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Travelled from Amsterdam to the romantic road and through Germany to Italy this year. Didn't have or need umwelt sticker. As above, its only needed if going into the centre of cities.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
all of the major garages/dealers can supply one of the colour you qualify for. Get it when you arrive it is called an umwelt badge

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
all of the major garages/dealers can supply one of the colour you qualify for. Get it when you arrive it is called an umwelt badge
Yes we did it this year but you must have your V5 and MOT certificate when applying over the counter too. We were charged €7.50 took 10 minutes. They are valid for the life of the vehicle so no renewal unless you need a new windscreen :LOL:

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
5 € at any TUV station ( equivalent to our MOT stations) don't panic!:)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
5 € at any TUV station ( equivalent to our MOT stations) don't panic!:)

Yup ! really is as easy as that! We were in Germany last year and thought about getting one in advance........... anyway, ran out of time.............. so we were driving along, saw a TUV station, called in, 5 mins and 5 Euro later drove out with a nice new lifelong sticker .......

Bish, Bash, Bosh .................. or perhaps I should say Bish, Bash, BOSCH haha

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yup ! really is as easy as that! We were in Germany last year and thought about getting one in advance........... anyway, ran out of time.............. so we were driving along, saw a TUV station, called in, 5 mins and 5 Euro later drove out with a nice new lifelong sticker .......

Bish, Bash, Bosh .................. or perhaps I should say Bish, Bash, BOSCH haha

Are you OK?..stressed?...need a drug test maybe?:)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Right, not more time for banter........ gotta fly now (y)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We got one in germany at tuv station. They required the v5 AND a document that showed euro5, in our case a coc ( certificate of conformity) from motorhome manufacturer was accepted. Cost 5euro, time 5 mins, all done with sign language. Never needed it so far but for 5 euro for life of van it seemed a good buy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back