Germany - all year sites: e.g. Moselle/Rhine - suggestions please. (1 Viewer)

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I'd be grateful for any suggestions re open all year sites around Koblenz-ish area.
Idea is drive from Chunnel, stop around Rhine on way to Austrian ski fields.
Needs to be open January.

We stayed also last year International campingplatz Pielenhofen in Bavaria - nice site but usual start of year building works and charge per unit 'leccy was steep.
Ta in advance

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Plenty of Stellplatz open on the Mosel and the Rhine, does it have to be a site.

Martin

OP
OP
bladerunner
Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
no!

Was thinking of Stellplatz - I seem to remember seeing one right by the confluence of Moselle and Rhine in Koblenz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Stellplatz outside the campsite at the confluence of the two rivers is officially shut now but we did see about 10 vans parked there yesterday so my guess would be campsite close so possibly no water and dump, the ferry that runs you across to town is also closed now I believe.

We are on the bus park area, (it's on the campercontact app) on Pastor Klein Strasse near the hydro dam, actually just outside the offices of CANYON bikes who have a big display area with new bikes some old race team bikes also a clothing shop and coffee area.

If you go in ask at the coffee shop for the WiFi code and you can pick it up outside with an iBoost.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Inside the CANYON bikes showroom

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Carbon frame Carbon crank Carbon wheels Carbon fork crown.

And stupid gearing.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We've just used the Stellplatz at Karlrhur, on the Rhine, on the way to Slovenia via Austria. A bit noisy but easy to access. A bit further south than Koblenz, but handy. We also often use the Aire at Pont-a-Mousson, on the Moselle, if heading for the skiing in eastern France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back