Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Reading some of the stories in my other thread 'Just For Her' reminded me of another story some years back when myself and the wife stayed at a B&B in Conwy, North Wales. My wife being a keen collector of bears we were looking in the small shops around town and saw a lovely looking bear, unusual because it was laying down. It was only £5 but being a typical collectable bear can be over £100 it did not fit with the collection so we didn't bother buying it.
Driving home a couple of days later we got talking about that bear and her wish that she had bought it. We stopped at a couple of small touristy type shops through southern Wales but no luck. Oh well not to worry and all was forgotten.
Knowing how much she liked it unbeknown to her I sent a letter to the B&B with a some cash in it, the letter saying if you are ever walking into town would you buy it and post it to me, or words to that effect. A month passed and nothing, the money had gone, Oh well it was worth a punt.
Another month passed, it was a Saturday and the housework needed doing, she was in one of her bad moods, me I just go quiet and do what I am told to do. Cleaning done went shopping, on returning there was a letter, a missed parcel addressed to her, she had not ordered anything and neither had I so what could it be. Still moody, later that day we trotted off the royal mail and in she went to get it. Back in the car with a large parcel we look at each other with curiosity and she began to open it, both surprised yes it was the bear, a tear ran down her face, her mood changed instantly and the joy on her face said it all.
The moral of this story is we men sometimes have to go that extra mile to prove how much we love them :cry: It's not how much it costs it is the sentiment.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
There really is one born every minute:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I bought Woman exactly what she asked for this birthday..
She was unimpressed though ( gawd knows why )
Apparently she did not want what she asked for but REALLY wanted a G-Tech air ram thing.. Already in the hole for a £100 I had to waddle off and lob out another deuce on the sodding vacuum cleaner thing

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Other way round here,i saw a wooden "Mouse ?" about 7" tall and is designed to sit on the edge of a shelf,the weight being so,it can just sit there without falling off/ over,this was at the NAAFI shop in Sennalager,while visiting our daughter. First wife was with me,(It is ever thus...)so i made a mental note to come back and get it on my own.
The daughter,grand daughter and i,went back to the NAAFI later, Mousy was........ GONE!!!. Well,you would have to have been there, the daughter,g/daughter and a couple of STAFF!! ALL searching for Mousy....... WITH STRAIGHT FACES !! "Yes sir,sorry it must have been sold after you had left,sorry,we only had the one."
Christmas day dawns,presents passed around,now to open them,......... Yes! there was Mousy !! in one of my packages.
They were ALL in on the act,even the Naafi staff,one of the party had nipped back and bought it for ME,not knowing of my "Fiendish plan",to go back and get it for the love of my life..... aka...Her!
He/She/IT!!,is sitting on a shelf under the TV,watching me as i type this and Mousy's name?

VANISH !! LOL
Tea Bag

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Apparently she did not want what she asked for but REALLY wanted a G-Tech air ram thing.. Already in the hole for a £100 I had to waddle off and lob out another deuce on the sodding vacuum cleaner thing

Sorry, your Woman (your term) wanted a vacuum cleaner for her birthday? Seriously?

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Here I go again, another true story.
I was once a very keen photographer then digital cameras started to appear and slowly I lost interest. The years went by and digital was at a good standard so I started dreaming about cameras again. Looking on ebay there were plenty but did I really want to spend my hard earned on something that is second hand. At this time I got a loan to buy a car, still wishing for a camera I but could not bring myself to paying for a camera on tick but then two weeks later a miracle, a phone call from the loan company, apparently every 20th person that takes out a loan with them wins £1000, and it was me!
With my wife happy for me to trot off to the big camera shop I walked away with a wonderful camera with enough money left to get a second hand zoom lens.
Moving on a couple of years we decided we wanted a big holiday, the result was to be a safari in Kenya, fantastic as this is a photographers dream location, problem was my old zoom lens was not ideal so once again I started the eBay watching, but what I wanted were too expensive or with not enough range so I resigned myself to using the old lens.
My birthday approached, the family gathered around with big smiles on their faces, then my wife brought out a large box, it was a huge professional Canon lens, perfect and and I had no idea :) I nearly...I said nearly had a tear in my eye, I am so lucky as everything seems to fall into place at the right time, the same as happened again with being in a position to buy the motorhome before I get to retirement age, but that's another story and I won't bore you all again.
P.S. The holiday was fantastic, the pictures incredable and the love for my wife unmeasurable :cry:(y).

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You are still alive, HAD YOU GOT a vacuum cleaner it would be stuffed somewhere uncomfortable.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry, your Woman (your term) wanted a vacuum cleaner for her birthday? Seriously?
Very seriously.. Is there any accounting for any womans thinking as far as us blokes are concerned
Oh and Woman is what I have always called her.. she usually calls me Oye .. Tis true !!

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Maison, there would be no stop in me posting pictures, problem is I have tried loads of things and I still can't post pictures on here!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Maison, there would be no stop in me posting pictures, problem is I have tried loads of things and I still can't post pictures on here!
I have the same problem unless they are taken on my iPad which I then use to post. That makes it simple.

Seems a shame I, for one, would like to see them.

Someone will read these posts and tell us both how to do it if we are lucky .(y)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

E mail your photo to yourself
Open it and save it to your I pad

Then post it in photo of the day
Of course you could start a thread of your own
And practice posting :pray:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have the same problem unless they are taken on my iPad which I then use to post. That makes it simple.

Seems a shame I, for one, would like to see them.

Someone will read these posts and tell us both how to do it if we are lucky .(y)
open a dropbox account and its simply a case of adding files to the local folder that automatically uploads them to the server. then copy and paste the links

I do the same with my photos. even those taken on my phone auto upload to a folder shared with my family. then even those in new zealand can keep up with what is going on without pasting them to faceache

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back