What's your most emotional video (1 Viewer)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Don't know about videos but stumbled over "An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr in it last night. Seemed to find a bit of grit in my eye at the end.

I must be coming down with something. Clive :crying1:

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Don't know about videos but stumbled over "An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr in it last night. Seemed to find a bit of grit in my eye at the end.

I must be coming down with something. Clive :crying1:

Was it the bit when he suddenly realises, as she's lying there with the blanket over her legs, that she can't get up :cry:

Not that I've ever watched it...of course o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
goodness, there are so many films and songs that reduce me to tears, but the last one was watching war horse the other night again and then thinking of my grandmother who was driving ambulances in france during ww1, i miss her..

and listening to moody blues a few posts up got my eyes leaking again..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am a nightmare.. Cry at all sorts of things !
be it Bambi, a solder coming home and hugging his family, even cried when I witnessed a foal being born
Love Krimble 'happy ever after' films but get emotional watching them..
I have yet to be able to watch 'Its a Wonderful Life' without ending up blubbing !!

If you wanna see a fat loud mouthed ex Londoner cry just show me folk being happy and crying them selves..

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
There are a couple that get me a little choked up but the most poignant for me are the Freddy mercury ones.

His final ever album video.

Right at the end where he says to camera (I still love you). He knew he didn't have long left at that point.

When you look back at their previous 3 albums throughout which he knew he was dying it puts a somewhat different twist on the songs and gives a few of them a lot more meaning..

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi dryad.
You just reminded me of "Blackadder" of all things. When they go "Over the Top" into battle,the scene itself and the music...... So sad,and it must have happened,times without number,in real life......
Tea Bag

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Don't, just don't get me going! So many things set me off.....seeing my first ever wild whale, Robben Island, the grief of a ewe for her dead lamb. Blood Brothers and War Horse at the theatre.....sobbing, as was the entire theatre! Truly Madly Deeply, Champion....music. The list is endless with new things added on a daily basis!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
One or two emotional songs cited.

A song that brings a lump to this old throat is by a guy name of Charlie Landsborough.
He wrote it after listening to a little blind girl in a park asking her Dad to describe her surroundings.

Beautiuful song.
"What colour is the wind?" (its on youtube)

@movan.... dont listen Joy, you'll be crying for weeks.

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008

A song that brings a lump to this old throat is by a guy name of Charlie Landsborough.
He wrote it after listening to a little blind girl in a park asking her Dad to describe her surroundings.

Beautiuful song.

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkrM27E7KDk

(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cats in the cradle.. Never really got on with my dad, and when I realised why and how to fix it, it was too late..
One of the reasons I try and stay so close to my son..

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Beautiuful song.

Hi John, Love Charlie Lansborough... and that song is one of my favourite .. especially the bit about the blackbird's song which is one of my favourite too. I often used to go and see Charlie Lansborough at Southport little theatre on the front there and he was always amazing. Lovely, lovely man.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Many of these apply to me and marching band music makes me well up too! Family always saying" she's off" when I start blubbing!

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
.Some fantastic stuff here, I thought I was the only Blubber Head on the planet. Two more of my favourites amongst your choices.(y) Blubbering again now:) My mum was a Frank Sinatra fan I grew to appreciate him, my wife is a Céline Dion fan. We will never be able to recreate the circumstances that gave us the opportunity to be at the recording of this actual video.

At least we did it and have something to look back on with fond memories.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Extremely emotional for me, this song was in the charts around the time of the total eclipse. My best friend and I spent the afternoon sipping beers and generally having a good time. That night, in a freak accident, he slipped on a stair case and was killed. To this day I can't listen to the music, but this is the song:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"Abide with Me". ANY-TIME. But especially when sung at the Edinburgh Tattoo some years back. That and the "Lone Piper". on the Ramparts!!.

Talk about, "hairs on the back of the neck!"!!!!!!!!

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back